Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roberts tiger trout
Has any body fished for them? Or caught them? Ive never even seen one and I know they just planted some so I was just wondering if the ones they plant are fingerlings or catchable size? Are they big enough to eat a 4" perch swimbait, I got some perch color spoons and swimbaits...With the river bieng so high and muddy I was thinking about going to give it a shot for some tigers...any info?
[signature]
Last year they were taking small spinners and minnow pattern flies (size 10). I was fly fishing for them and had to strip really fast to get them to commit. Caught many in the 14-16" range.
Windriver
[signature]
Sweet! Thanks for the info
[signature]
They planted the Tiger Trout to try to reduce the perch population , so please don't keep too many . I had a friend fish from PalaSades dam down to the first boat ramp near the Husky Station Saturday . They landed 60 Trout in 4 hours . 80 percent rainbows . Biggest was 26 " . There is no limit on rainbows on the south fork . They want you to keep them all . Also they are catching several fish on the resivior above the dam both trolling and sitting on the bank .
[signature]
I am guessing perch pattern Rapalas or even perch cut bait will do the trick, but that is mere speculation.[Wink]
[signature]