Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sea sickness question????
I'm a full on land lover from Idaho but I'm thinking about doing a multi day trip out of San Diego in the next couple years. It looks fun as hell. However I went once on a 3/4 day trip when I was a teenager and got really sea sick, don't even remember if I caught anything, that was in the mid '80s.

My question, with todays sea sickness pills/patches ect., is a multiday trip doable for someone prone to sea sickness or should I just forget about it??

Also, whats the best time of year to go for multi day trips and what's the best time of year to go for 3/4 or 1 1/2 day trips with the best chance at Yellows and tuna?

I fly fish all over Idaho, Montana and Wyoming if anyone needs any info let me know.
[signature]
Sea sickness can be overcome with practice. The pills they sell are for treating general nausea.

I prefer Ginger root products over many of the commercial products that are sold out there.

3/4 day trips are good in the late spring through early fall. This year was an epic year with the El Nino event.

Bluefin Tuna, Dorado and even Striped Marlin were caught on half and 3/4 day boats from San Diego on up to Santa Barbara.

Most people like to book trips throughout the summer. As the fish are found farther out, longer trips are necessary.

I was born and raised mostly in Cali. I have lived in other states including ID and UT for a few years at a time.

I have fished the world over. Fly fishing is awesome everywhere. I also flyfish in the ocean. Tons of fun on a float tube.
[signature]