Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maui Fishing Advice ?
My family and I are headed to Maui next week. We will be staying at Makani Sands in Honokawai, which is between Napili and Lahaina. It's been 28 years since I've been there. It's just us adults on this trip. My brother and I did a fishing excursion way back then when we were teens on a boat out of Maalea Harbor. I want to say that it was called the Excel (?). I don't think any relation to the boat in San Diego. Anyways, we were not impressed with the couple of peanut tuna we caught that day. Maybe it was because of the tough weather conditions that day, but I felt we got a typical tourist trip out to some fish attracting buoy. And we did not catch much (a handful at most of real small fish) trolling for tuna, and other pelagics. Anyways, I'm seeking some advice on guides or charters in the area that you've really enjoyed (and also ones to avoid)... either trolling or bottom fishing. I am also thinking about packing a medium spinning outfit in my luggage just to tangle with some light tackle inshore species. Have any of you ever tried doing this? Mahalo in advance for any tips, tricks, or advice! Aloha!

Also posted on Utah board...
[signature]
Anybody have any info. on these guys?

http://www.extremefishingmaui.com/
[signature]