Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S.A.R.L. Fishing Report 1/25/04
[size 2]Got out there about 7am. Fished off shore for alittle bit. Action was slow but trout were still being brought in[unsure][/size][size 1]

[/size][size 2]Small trout, 1-2lbs seemed to be catch of the morning. I got tired of shore and launched my pontoon. By late morning early aftertoon bite picked up quite a bit[cool][/size][size 1]

[/size][size 2]I was trolling a rainbow powerbait and powerworm combo. Seemed to do trick. I caught a total of 12 trout for day. I released 3 and gave 4 to a family that got skunked and took 5 home. The total weigh in was just under 12lbs[shocked][/size][size 1]

[/size][size 2]I was fishing between Levitz and Huckleberry Pond about 15-20yrds off shore in 20' of water on the main lake's north shore[Wink][/size][size 1]

[/size][size 2]Something that blew me away was people catching trout with mealworm/marshmellow combo and/or mackeral![crazy][/size][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
Tubes and Toons. Just wouldn't have it any other way. It's good to see that there is still some action out there for us poor mans boaters.

Do they charge extra for launchin a tube or toon?? Just curious, as they don't have that posted on their website.
[signature]
Float tube fee is $5, boat fee $8. Be careful though, I bought a 6' inflatable pontoon and they wanted to charge me boat fee even though DMV and USCG coonsider it a float tube.

Anyway after arguing with manager for 5 minutes he told me he would let me in this time at float tube fee but going forward I would be charged boat launch fee even though I did not need ramp! Crazy[crazy]
[signature]

Hi there release,

Yes, I know about that boat length and I got a feeling you do to. I used to have infomation on what lengths of boats were allowed on a lake or what class it would be thus how much you had to pay for launching.

Some of the regs were saying something 'must be between 6.5 and 16 feet in length' blah blah blah. (Puddingstone is or was an example of detailed regs as you can use from tubes to sking and racing boats there!) Don't even look at the motor and gasoline restrictions!

That's why I'm quite happy with my tube and knowing there's always the ocean fishys to play with.

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2]I know if it's under 8' and oar or sail powered you do not have to register it. I have seen mine listed as a boat but also as a float tube. Crazy[crazy][/size]
[signature]
Hey Releasit, thanks for the heads up on the fees and the possible headaches that could be associated with them. I seriously doubt that they can confuse my tube with the length of a boat. At least I hope not. My tube is very much the same size as JRs. It's quite a ways from being 8' in length.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Californicated again. Doesn't it just drive you nuts when our snivel servants try to find something to justify their existence?[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]I once had a ranger in Colorado tell me I could not take my tube outside the swimming area. Then, he told me I could not fish because I would be using fish hooks, that might endanger swimmers. This was in late autumn, with no boats on the lake and no swimmers in the water. Oh, yeah, he also wanted to charge me the boat launching fee.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]I did not contribute to his stupidity fund that day, but turned around and left.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[size 2] DMV responded to an e-mail I sent Sunday and said my pontoon does not even qualify as a " dingy " because it seats one and is less than 8'.[/size]

[size 2] So as far as DMV, USGS and DFG are concerned it is a " Pontoon float tube "[/size]

[size 2] Crazy[crazy][/size]
[signature]