Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
River reports
Just curious why no one is posting reports any more here. We don't have to give away secret holes, but a little advance info always helps to get on fish for quick trips when you don't have time to figure out what they are eating.
[signature]
I am hoping that it is just a bit early still, but you are right, not much information is given up on this board anymore.

Me? I just haven't been out yet, still tying.
[signature]
I agree. I try to post as much as I can about my outings. In fact, sometimes it seems I am the only one doing much posting. I will go to post a new report, and the last report given for that river was mine. haha Hopefully with the temps coming up that will mean more posts.
[signature]
I believe they are posting on the Premium Board link.
They left us that do not "contribute" all out a few years ago.
[signature]
Unfortunately all the reports from around here are the same...fished the Provo...blah, blah, blah....hit the Weber...blah, blah,blah...tons of people, 12-15" fish. Gets old....I mostly go out of state now.
[signature]
[quote UsualSuspect]I believe they are posting on the Premium Board link.
They left us that do not "contribute" all out a few years ago.[/quote]

Nah, you aren't missing much on the premium board. Most of the reports there are about Willard, just like on the regular board.

As for the lack of reports, some of that is due to the rivers running high and murky right now. (The upper Provo is running at 1710 ft/sec. as I type this)

I don't think you guys would want to hear about my recent trips. I was using gear. [blush]

Lastly, I mostly fish the Lower Provo during the spring but once the flow increases and the crowds (fishing and non fishing) converge, I stop going. We are at that point, but it was a good spring there.
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]Unfortunately all the reports from around here are the same...fished the Provo...blah, blah, blah....hit the Weber...blah, blah,blah...tons of people, 12-15" fish. Gets old....I mostly go out of state now.[/quote]
This. Its either the same reports from one of Utah's few "famous" trout rivers, or out of state. Nobody's going to post about smaller or lesser known waters. Theres no reports on the so-called secret premium board either.
[signature]
[quote Tarponjim] Nobody's going to post about smaller or lesser known waters. [/quote]

For good reason, don't you think?
[signature]
Absolutely!
[signature]