Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my bro's new tube
I went over to my parents' house yesterday and checked out my little bro's new tube from cabelas, the round Creek Co tube. It looks pretty good, although I can see a few things that could've been made a little stronger/better. The apron is held taught by thin velcro straps instead of some sort of clip, which means it'll wear out a lot faster. That's easily fixed however by just sewing on a new velcro strap. Can't wait to try it out, and watch him try to get in for the first time! lol
[signature]

Hey there Cat_Man,

Did you just have a B'day? If so..... Happy under 100! So are you gonna grab his tube or are you guys sharing? Hopefully, you guys won't try to use it at the same time![Wink]

JapanRon
[signature]
I hope he likes it and that he and you had a happy Bday.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]I have a $369 Super Fat Cat and the apron connectors are also velcro. They come undone easily and are a pain to keep fastening. I do not think float tube gear is designed by fishermen.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]On previous tubes, I have substituted the velcro for a short loop of stretch cord...with a clip on it. It attaches more easily to the D ring and stretches when the angler leans forward or otherwise puts strain on the connection. Too bad they didn't do it right to start with, but at least he has a place to start...and he probably doesn't know enough about it to understand the difference.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Good luck in getting him properly set up.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yeah, my tube has the stretch cord with the plastic clips to hold the apron on. I wish that's what his had on it. Oh well, like you said, he won't know the difference.

One of my clips has come off of the string, and I put it back in and glued the whole thing with some epoxy glue. It has held for several years like that, but is now starting to come loose again. Things don't last forever.
[signature]
Yep, it was my b-day on Sunday. Turned 24. I got some great stuff this year: Got a new pair of waders, a folding Buck hunting knife, and some steel leaders from my wife (she can't pick them out, so she just wrote down that that's what I get. I still gotta go pick them out -- no price limit I really hit the jackpot this year!!! [sly] What a great girl!)

I got a new rapala, some Trilene XL, some camping equipment, and a few other things. All in all it was a great birthday!!
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]A belated happy birthday. sounds like you made out okay.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]All I get for my birthdays, as I get older, is a ticket from the fire department for starting a major fire with the candles on my cake.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I lucked out. I get an exemption from the permit. Hee hee.

Catman, sounds like you hit the lotto or something. Just watch that buck knive around your tube and waders.[pirate]
[signature]

Hey there cat_man,

No doubt, wifey is a great girl! We anglers, who have fished for only one woman and every fish in the world, are great catches ourselves.

Think about it! Guys like us, outside of the mechanics of making a living, think about only two things. Wifey and fishing are all we think about so.... if wifey takes care of us along the fishy area too, we'll NEVER stray to other interests.

Fish are simple creatures, men are simpler!

JapanRon
[signature]
lol, so true JPR! [cool]
[signature]
Hey JR, I resemble that remark.
[signature]