Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Bait Bags That Stay On The Hook!
Save money on buying bait by maximizing your usage! Cast further without re-baiting! Don't have to check to see if your bait is still there! Problems with castings baits are universal. Cast to hard & far & the bait rips off. Also the constant checking to see if little fish have "nibbled" your bait off. Using this system has saved me time & money. I haven't tried it for freshwater yet but casting for saltwater species seems to be working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSzbl2sB5GU
[signature]
Aloha Chris and thanks for another excellent video.

I like your bait bag material. Very clever. I am used to using Panty Hose material. It ties up very similarly and holds on to the hook well.

I have been using the Panty Hose bait bags for quite some time and have found they work well in fresh and saltwater given the appropriate bait in them.

In freshwater, I have found them best for use on Channel Catfish as well as other species of Cats.

I have only seen Channel Catfish in Hawaii when I go fishing at Lake Wilson on O'ahu. I also like the Peacock Bass up there too.

The bait bags that I make will usually be from ground up Mackerel or even Tuna. I put in a blender and just pulse it a few times. I fill the Nylons and start tying off just like making little sausages. These will then go in the freezer for later use.

The bags slowly disperse scent and attract the catfish in to the target area.

I do make some with squid, sardine and Bonito just for saltwater fishing. I'm sure you could use any of the Scad, Jacks and even Barracuda to serve the same purpose. Any of the oily fish will work good.

On one of my last trips there, I even had success with the Goat fish in my bait bags. [cool]
[signature]
Sounds like you love Hawaii! I tried the panty hose but i still keep coming back to the elastic tubular bandage.
[signature]
I do love Hawaii. There is so much good fishing there. I am going back on tour and Hawaii is already in our agenda.

I am anxious to try your bait bags. Making them up on the spot is better anyways. Mine are frozen popsyciles when I serve them up. lol

Mahalo nui loa!! [cool]
[signature]
I went again using the bait bags yesterday morning. 6 big hits, 1 cut line. 4 were Trevally and 1 was a big bonefish. I can't use the vids because to much background that pretty much gave away where i was. Didn't mean to show so much but the bonefish covered a lot of ground. I tried panty hose before but the material doesn't hold up to multiple big strikes. I can use this material all day (which i did). More bait you stuff in it creates the meshed holes to expand. I found that if you do this the fish can start to "eat" tiny pieces of bait through it. This keeps them around as the bell kept going off until they swallowed the bag. So far cutting-up whole crabs & squid works well. Will try tuna belly & liver next. The bonefish hit the bag with 1/2 a crab with squid in it. ChrisSmile
[signature]
Sounds like you have some super toothy critters there. I used to run into tons of lines bit in Hawaii, Mexico, Thailand, Australia, and even South Africa.

I ended up sing a product from one of my sponsors that is called Tyger leader. This sure helped with many types of Toothy critters.

This is a stainless steel leader that can be tied with knots just like normal Mono or Braid. They now have different colors available.

This line is excellent for Barracuda, JT's, Tuna and even smaller sharks as it is only made up to 120lb test.

With the right angler, 120lb may even be too much. I use 15 and 20lb test for many of my 40 to 100lb species. Tyger leader is even good with kelp beds. [cool]
[signature]
Tyger leader? Got to look that one up! Thanks!
[signature]
I love Tyger leader. It is strong like steel leader but ties like a mono. It is the best for toothy critters.[cool]
[signature]