Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yak transport carts?
I am finally getting into kayak fishing after drooling over them for years now. I plan on waterfowl hunting out of it too. I have been searching for a good transport cart to either build or purchase. I have read a few posts about the standard kind that has two posts that extend up through the scupper holes.
Some people have said those carts crack the scupper holes and ruin the yak. All of theses were hearsay though, no one said it happened directly to them. Any advice would be helpful.
[signature]
There are many types of Yak carts available. Some of them are as simple as just having 2 wheels that can velcro on to one end of the Yak while a person easily grabs a hand strap on the opposite end.

This type is the most practicle since it weighs very little and can stow away in the Yak while on the water.

Try to consider something that you can carry on the Yak since it needs to be available once you come back to land. [cool]
[signature]
anyplace where i can order replacement wheels for kayak dolly similar to this one pic below..It's actually for my 10' jon boat, I'm actually more of a jon boat guy than a kayak guy[laugh]

I had recently pumped up the tires and then i guess someone left the dolly out in the sun and found the inner tube bulging out through about a 1-2" hole
[signature]
I have seen tires like that at Home Depot. You may also want to check some of the tool surplus places in your area.

In my state we have a place called Harbor Freight Tools. They have a website. You can get all size tires tubed and tubeless. It is good to put some of that green Tire Slime to guard against small thorns and other sharp objects. [cool]
[signature]