Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip to Cascade ID
Cascade trip

My oldest son and I made a trip up to Cascade last week fishing Thursday, Friday and Sat. Targeted the perch but caught a few small mouth and trout in the process. We had never fished the soft water there so it took a little exploring and trying several things until we figured things out, then it was game on. Had a blast, weather was beautiful with temps in the upper 70's and no damn "Power Squadron" to deal with. We had several boats around us at times but never really noticed anyone doing much good on the perch, don't think they had ever seen anyone fish perch the way we were. Looking forward to a return trip in Jan. Great place to stay in Cascade at the Birch Glen Inn, great Staff and very friendly. We have already booked several weekends there next "Hard Deck" season. Fish On

THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS IN PLACE IN CASE THE POLITICIANS IGNORE THE OTHERS.
NRA LIFE MEMBER, WY SFW LIFE MEMBER
[signature]
Looks like you had a good trip Pete, I was hoping to get up there this spring but never happened. Way to go.
[signature]
Probably could have caught more but we ended up with plenty, we gave Sharon and the crew a mess for a good meal, of which Lonnie cooked up a batch for us the last evening we were there, they were great. Took us a bit to find some good fish the first day and then the dang wind came up for a couple hrs. as a couple small storms blew past so we hid out in one of the bays to fish for some small mouth then headed back out to the main lake. I think we fished about 6 hrs. each day after quitting about 2 P.M. to head back in and fillet fish. I will be back up next summer for a few days again the country is just beautiful, I don't care much for the drive up from Horseshoe Bend pulling a boat even when there is no snow or ice to contend with on all those curves. I think Sharon said they had several wrecks in the canyon while were there.
[signature]
Packfan - you guys did great! pics tell the story, and that was a good story...get out the deep fryer...
[signature]
[left]appears to be worth the drive! only thing that would make that mess of fish look better is a Bears hat on your head. [Wink]

[/left]
[signature]
Nice haul Pete...yep worth the drive for some quality Perch for sure. We too are looking forward to the hard deck and come next year hopefully we'll have a couple softwater trips up that way. Plan on doing CJ later this year with Boise friends and thinking WyoGuy may also be going...
[signature]
They'll bury me first[:p]
[signature]
I'd like to see you join us this winter for a few days on the ice my friend.[Smile]
[signature]
Nice! Only visited Cascade once on a family vacation (i.e., no fishing). It is a beautiful lake and area. Wish it was a closer.

Go Packers!
[signature]
[#484848]Good going on the quality perch. [/#484848]
[#484848] Do you think a guy could launch a toon in some of those coves up by sugarloaf island, and do some dropshotting?[/#484848]
[#484848]I was thinking about a trip to Birch Glen later in the summer with my wife and maybe haul the renegade with the electric motor. What's the process on the mussel inspection? Did you get it when you crossed into Idaho?[/#484848]
[#484848][/#484848]
[#484848][/#484848]
[signature]
We had to pull into the weigh station after you cross into Idaho and all they did was ask me a few questions on where we had had the boat fishing in the last 30 days. filled out a form and headed on our way. I was fishing quite a way from shore but I would imagine you could catch perch in the bays. Should be a fun trip for you and the Mrs.
[signature]
Man those perch look AWESOME!!! That would be a blast to do someday.
[signature]