Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cabela's Whuppin Stick
Has anyone used a Cabela's Whuppin Stick on a downrigger for the kokes in Strawberry? If so what action and length of rod do you use?
[signature]
[quote 4pointmuley]Has anyone used a Cabela's Whuppin Stick on a downrigger for the kokes in Strawberry? If so what action and length of rod do you use?[/quote]

I use a few of them in the ML weight and they work fine, great budget rod that can take some abuse.
[signature]
hey Muley , I use the Cabelas Whupp'in Stick at bear lake with my Down-rigger' s . The Rods are 7ft . med with a fast action tip. They work just fine .
[signature]
the rod you want is a cableas wuppin stick 8 foot light action , they are a very tough budget rod 20 dollar range . you have to order them they don't stock them in the stores and the do work really well on a down rigger and for kokanee
[signature]
Thanks for the replies. I went to Cabela's in Lehi yesterday. They were on sale for $14.95, but they didn't have an 8' rod. I'll get one on order.
[signature]
great deal, picked one up last week myself
[signature]
I picked up a 7 foot ml a couple of years ago it is noticeably stiffer than the 8 foot L action I use the 7 footer at Willard but it seems a little to stiff for kokes.
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]I picked up a 7 foot ml a couple of years ago it is noticeably stiffer than the 8 foot L action I use the 7 footer at Willard but it seems a little to stiff for kokes.[/quote]

Anyone know if they are still selling the 8ft light action rods? I don't see them listed on their site.
[signature]
i looked also i don't think they sell them any more , they may be streamlining their product line since merging with bass pro shop .
[signature]
[quote mtncat1]i looked also i don't think they sell them any more , they may be streamlining their product line since merging with bass pro shop .[/quote]

I picked up a few of their ML rods last year and my landing rate improved quite a bit, but the Lite may be even better.
[signature]
Ugly Stik has an 8" Light rod in their Crappie line that may meet your needs. Other lengths and actions, too.

http://www.uglystik.com/uglystik-rods-sp...IE&start=1
[signature]
[quote fish_hntr]Anyone know if they are still selling the 8ft light action rods? I don't see them listed on their site.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]The short answer for the Ugly Stik & Cabelas Whuppin' Stick rods is no, they don't. You can get an Ugly Stik ultra-lite up to 7' and the light models are available in 7' & 9' lengths (but no 8's). I have 2 of the 7' ultra lights that I find VERY effective for kokanee. They are now my backup rods to my 8' Kokanee Creek brand kokanee rods. The Cabelas WS in light is 5'6" and in Med-light is 6'6".[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]If you're looking for a kokanee only rod and don't want to pay for the kokanee special rods at $100 (give or take), I would HIGHLY recommend either of these 2 rods: Ugly Stik Elite Casting 7', 2-piece Ultra-light (USECA702UL) or the Ugly Stik Elite Spinning 7', 2-piece Ultra-light (USESP702UL). Both can be had for around $50 each.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Glad you are enjoying your Kokanee Creek rod.
If anyone else is interested in this rod they are only $85.
[signature]