Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lower Provo, last night
To celebrate the summer solstice, I went out to the Provo for the last hour of daylight yesterday. I met a few people coming off the river on my way in, who had seemed to have a good day. I quickly found a few fish rising on some very small adult midges. I after trying a few flies I got one to take on a size 18 BWO, although that fly was clearly not quite right. It was too large, for one thing. But placed in front of the rising trout enough times, eventually he made a mistake. I ended up catching one nice brown and losing two others. Not a bad way to spend the last hour of the day!
[signature]
Sounds like a solid way to spend the last part of a day. Nice work on tricking that brown on such a pressured river! Thanks for the report and story!
[signature]
[quote _6x_]

I after trying a few flies I got one to take on a size 18 BWO, although that fly was clearly not quite right. It was too large, for one thing.

[/quote]

Probably a good enough representation of all the Pale Morning Duns they were eating all afternoon. [Wink]
[signature]
Are you serious? Did I miss the best activity?
[signature]
[quote _6x_]

Are you serious? Did I miss the best activity?

[/quote]

Just speculation, but this is about the time for them to start appearing... size 16-18. The recent heat may have moved them up a bit.

Should be Green Drakes shortly on the middle Provo as well. Big flies... big fish.
[signature]