Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver lake flat
Went up there sat for an afternoon outing HOLY CRAP that place was packed. even seen a guy on a boat with a motor. [bobAngry] I took the toon out and nothing but a bunch of parties and south american friends all out on rubber rafts. Dogs Chasing the ducklings around I was getting pretty pissed[bobAngry][bobAngry][bobAngry]. Everywhere i casted there was someone paddling on past me on those paddle boards. it was a mad house i finally anchored up at 24 feet and just chilled and bait fished till crowds started to clear out then i went back to the inlet and started handing out some flies and the greyling were all over them. They took anything i threw at them. (thanks to the Bank tangler for snagging my line[mad][mad]) When people started seeing i was catching fish they were crowding me out. All in all i landed one trout and took home 2 greyling to smoke. But the greylings are small and do not have the long dorsal fin like i was hoping for but thy were pretty good smoked.
[signature]
I used to love fishing up there. That place is always a zoo now. The only time to be in AF Canyon is middle of the week. Otherwise, it's a madhouse. [:/]
[signature]
A 2 oz lead sinker will scare the bagizus out of them paddle boarders or a big pike lure [laugh]
[signature]
South Americans uh?

Does it matter what kind of people they were? Why even mention it?
[signature]
This is the type of post that always gets my goat. Unless you own Silver Lake, quit griping. Those other folks, regardless of perceived nation of origin, have every right to enjoy the mountains and the outdoors. Just because their method or means are different than yours, it doesn't make them bad people. If they're doing something illegal dial 9-11. Otherwise, accept it or stay home.

Larry
[signature]
South American? Chilean? Brazilian? Venezuelan?....if you are speaking of whom I think you are you may want to brush up on your geography or you just look dumb.
[signature]
Hey i have no problem with people sharing the lake no matter of race or ethnicity what i have a problem is with the attitude of said persons on the way they handle there dogs chasing ducklings and laughing about it. I only mention south Americans because 95 percent of my encounter up there sat was with south Americans (which is not racist) I live on the North american continent I am north american most whom i met were of central or south american decent. not knowing where they live here i just used south american.

I had issues with them sending kids younger than 5 out on paddle boards right up to me bumping me on the lake. That water was cold enough if one of them fell in it would be over, and there was no supervision from the parents. I by no means own the lake but do respect the water and how dangerous and beautiful it is and do not want to see anyone let alone a child drowned because of negligence. BTW i cleaned up two garbage bags of beer and soda cans after they left trash all over the lake side. so sorry if you thought i was being harsh but that lake is too beautiful to let it turn into Utah lake.

SO if that offends you i am sorry but that is how i feel.
[signature]
yup south american or central american does not matter. If one of them died it would not be any easier to see that. The negligence I seen was pretty bad. Seeing kids as young as 5 on paddle boards out bumping into me and others on the lake, (with out even a life jacket) is pretty bad. There is no way they would have survived if they fell in. So Gemcityslayer lay off, it does not matter what part of world they are from I do not want to see anyone die a unnecessary drowning
[signature]
Did i say bad people NO quit putting words in my mouth. I do not own that lake and if posts like this "get your goat" I suggest[bobWink] you get a bigger fence.

"If they're doing something illegal dial 9-11. Otherwise, accept it or stay home. "

Think before you type how can you call 911 if there is no cell service. Just like they have the right to enjoy the outdoors SO DO I. So if i see something that makes me cringe (like a little one drowning) I will say something and did say something but it fell on def ears. (language barrier) SO sorry if this post "gets your goat" but I in no way said anything racist or negative, just concerned.
[signature]
Why in the world did you fish there in the first place? Unless I'm seriously injured or permanently handicapped ( and maybe not even then) I'm going to move on and find a less crowded place. Here's a short list of other bodies of water to look at fishing as most contain fish. It's incomplete as I've fished at least a half dozen lakes or ponds not on the list. And that's just stillwater.
[signature]
I went up there to finaly catch Artic Greyling (one of my bucket fish) thats why i stayed. [bobhappy][Smile][Wink]
[signature]
I guess you missed my point, I assume you are speaking of Mexicans when you say South Americans, and that you are North American and live in North America......Mexico IS IN North America.....again, geography helps!
[signature]
^^^ this! LOL. Remo hit the nail on the head. I also think that skin color should not justify your assumption of where people are from. If they were born here are they not the same as you and I? As my Native American mother in law always jokes, she's the only true American in the family, the rest of us are just permanently visiting. I understand the crowds and getting frustrated. It didn't used to be that crowded but the population of Utah has increased significantly over the past two decades. If you really want to see that area ruined, wait til Snowbird gets their way and that is all privatized and condos everywhere.
[signature]
[quote riverdog]

Here's a short list of other bodies of water to look at fishing as most contain fish. It's incomplete as I've fished at least a half dozen lakes or ponds not on the list. And that's just stillwater.

[/quote]

That is definitely a "short list".[Wink]
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl][quote riverdog]

Here's a short list of other bodies of water to look at fishing as most contain fish. It's incomplete as I've fished at least a half dozen lakes or ponds not on the list. And that's just stillwater.

[/quote]

That is definitely a "short list".[Wink][/quote]

I was looking for it also, try again Paul [Wink]
[signature]
Remo I am man enough to admit when i am wrong you are right Mexico is in north america. and i was not in no way assuming they were Mexicans There is a lot of Latin Americans here in the state that are not from mexico there are a lot from Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador. My knowledge of Latin American is not in question here the fact of the mater is the lack of supervision of little kids on a cold lake. I am North American I live in North America. I am of European decent but i live here.
[signature]
Chuunk I agree with you mother in law 100 percent. What we did to the Native Americans was by far one of the worst things Anglo-Saxons have done, other than enslaving African Americans. I apologize for the way my ancestors treated people!

I hope snow bird does not get its way.

" I also think that skin color should not justify your assumption of where people are from."

Skin color did not or does not matter to me we all bleed red on the inside. but if you are of browner skin tone most likely you are from Central or South America. I know what i am about to hear is "Not all brown color skin is from south or central america"

That is true some brown color skin is pacific island or Polynesian. ( and i have yet to hear Polynesian speak native language more than 100 percent of the time) Most Polynesian speak great English.

Because A couple of people are butt hurt over this does not change the fact of the lack of PARENTAL SUPERVISION. That is what i am trying to get at not race or color of skin.
[signature]
All good, I am not butt hurt about any of it, I just thought it was funny. Sounds to crowded for me.
[signature]
Glad its all cleared up I do not want to be labeled as a racist. I am the furthest thing from a racist. no hurt feelings on this side
[signature]
Point is, it was a hidden gem that you could only get to with a 4x4. Now they say it's graded so a sedan can make it up....therefore...more people. Too bad.

Still my favorite place in the world to be. Fishing on that little reservoir.
[signature]