Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willow Beach Trip
Hey Guys,

Just got back from my Willow Beach trip. We didn't do so well with the fishing, but then again we hardly fished. The motor and boat worked perfectly, but the boat was just a tad small for 3 people to fish from. I did troll some, and we kept lines in the water in front of camp, but out camping site was in front of a flat so the water was pretty shallow where we were fishing. My buddy caught 2 nice sized carp, but that was it. I did get an idea of what my boat was capable of though. The thing will plane with just me in it, if I shift my weight forward. The boat does have a slow leak in it that adds up to about 1 liter in a 24hr period. I know the area it's leaking and I'm gonna coat the seams with epoxy to stop the leak. If not, no big deal, it was slow and I don't mind a bit of water in the bottom of the boat.

Overall, I'm very pleased, especially with the motor... it performed very well. It stalled on me at full throttle once a day, but started right back up.

I'm gonna hit Mead Monday morning and see what I can do about catching some striper.

We talked to several fishermen on our outing and the fish were scarce. From what I heard, the few that were caught were big and AC plugs were the trick. Other'n that I didn't hear of anyone catching striper, at least on our stretch of the river.

I'm gonna hit Lee's Ferry in a few weeks. I trust the boat now.

Later guys,
Mark
[signature]