Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Report
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Fished the bay the other night going after wipers with 2 buddies, managed 3 limits using chrome colored shad. Fishing was best in the 17-20 ft. depth range keeping the speed between 2.7-3.1. Attached you can see exactly what we were using water temps were mid-70s. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Its time for us common folk to up the ante to ensure everyone that doesn’t have “premium” access is getting detailed fishing reports. Even though I have premium access I believe we are all created equal so when I get the chance I will be posting good detailed reports on the main forum only. I encourage others to participate….[/font]
[signature]
Nice detailed report!!!!

seeing how long it takes to get this one moved or taken down?
[signature]
[#0000FF]Excellent.

It will not be long until this year's shadlets are large enough for the predators to start patterning on. When they do, using a smaller lure can sometimes be more effective than the bigger stuff. I do well from about the end of July through August on these: The Rattlin' Raps in the smallest sizes...about 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

[inline "RATTLIN RAP.jpg"]

Other colors (like shad) work well in other lures too. Cordell makes some nice little shadlets.

[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Nice.....I have had good luck with that rattle...thanks Pat
[signature]
That is not too detailed a report, dwayneb. Just about right. You didn't say exactly where - and the way wipers move around, that wouldn't have mattered much anyway.
[signature]
I agree with TD, the Rap he posted has worked very well for the past month. I took my brother (CVFISHER) and his two sons out Friday. We managed to boat 34 wipers. Most were caught in a two hour period between 1 PM AND 3 PM. Attached is a picture of what has been working for me.

Larry
[signature]
Sorry, here is the picture.
[signature]