Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable fishfinder
[center][Image: piranha1portable_f.jpg][/center]
$119.99 USD [font "Verdana"][#808080][size 1][/size][/#808080][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1][/size][/font][#0000ff][/#0000ff][font "Verdana"][size 1][/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1][/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1][/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1][/size][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1][/size][/font][font "Verdana"][#0000ff][size 1][/size][/#0000ff][/font][font "Verdana"][size 1]HUMMINBIRD[/size][/font] [font "Verdana"][#c0c0c0][size 4]Piranha 1 Portable Fishfinder[/size][/#c0c0c0][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Ultra-compact portable fishfinders are lightweight enough to travel anywhere. Rugged, waterproof units with suction-cup transducers function just like their fixed-mount counterparts. They fold out for quick set-up and fold in for storage and transport in a protective housing with carry handle. Anti-skid rubber bottom keeps the unit solidly in place during use and built-in transducer cable wrap keeps the system organized. [/size][/font] [ul] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]Ultimate value and temperature ready[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]Three level fish alarm, built-in depth alarm, zoom, sensitivity, depth range, Fish ID controls[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]High contrast FSTN 160x65 pixel display[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]24° MicroDynamic Transducer easily attaches to most smooth surface hulls with suction cup[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]Recommended for use at trolling speeds[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]Max Depth Salt: 240'[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]Frequency: 200 kHz[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]Uses eight AA batteries (sold separately)[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]Made in the USA[/size][/font] [li][font "Arial"][size 2]1-yeay Warranty[/size][/font][/li][/ul]

[font "Arial"][size 2]My friend bought one and swears by it. Good range easy to read display and portable! I bought one and will be using it Sat. I will give a report.[/size][/font] [size 1][size 2]Hummingbird puts out good products normally so I am looking forward to using it.[/size]
[/size]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Looks good. Will be interested in how it performs.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Where are you going to stick the suction cup for the transducer? Which cheek do you want a ring on?[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Oh yeah, what kind of trolling speed will you be able to achieve...to test out the readouts at trolling speed?[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'm sure I can rig a 12v power supply to that. It might come in handy on the tube. Or end up bying AA rechargeables.
[signature]
[size 2]I will rig something for the tranducer. Should be easy. Energizer makes good re-chargable batteries. I use them in digital camera and gameboy.[/size]

[size 2] I am really excited, Can't wait to try it out[cool][/size]
[signature]
Looks like a great setup from Humminbird. My only question would be how long does this little guy last using only AA batteries? If it will go the distance, and hold a charge for a whole day, I'd say it would be a great investment. Lookin' forward to your report.
[signature]
If it only used like 2-4 batteries I would say not that long but this takes 8 AA batteries.

For night use when you use the backlight alot battery life is 25hrs, during day with no backlight 60hrs! And there's a kit to convert to 12v battery and a mounting kit to permenantly mount it[sly]
[signature]
It sounds like a very power friendly unit! I'm shocked that it gets 60hrs out of 8 AA's. Heck my FF will last only 7 hrs, with a 7Ah SLA battery with the backlights on. Defenitly worth considering for a portable setup.
[signature]
I took it out last Sat. Works good. I would recommend it for float tubers and kayakers. If you rent boats, this is perfect. If you have a small motor boat and do not want to leave it on the boat. Perfect for that. $119 at West Marine. Best Investment I made in a long time. 1 year warranty.
[signature]
[Smile] I've got a portable Fish I.D. 128 by Eagle. I bought it several years ago for my mini bass boat. It runs on 8 D batteries or can be hook to a 12v supply. I think I paid around $100 for it. It has a suction cup transducer also. I got rid of the mini bass boat but kept the fish finder. I keep it for a backup. I think it is Humming bird who makes one with a floating transducer for shore fishing.
[signature]
[size 2]The shore casting one is made by Hummingbird too but we are talking apples and oranges with these two models. [/size]

[size 2] The shore casting ones are wireless, the piranha 10 is not. I have both. [/size]

[size 2] The wireless one does not work for trolling and only works in calm water.[/size]

[size 2] The Piranha 10 used a regular tranducer which is fixed and works at trolling speeds. Much better[Wink][/size]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey fyshrmn, welcome to the board. I have been using the Eagle sonars for several years myself.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]We did a review and evaluation of the floating transducer systems and pretty much decided you could get a better system for less money.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]How is fishing in your part of the country these days? Are you looking forward to spring?[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]