Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kolob 7/16
Sorry for the lateness of this report, but I've been a little busy since...

Got up to Kolob last Saturday to escape the 105 degree temps here in STG, and it was a beautiful 60 degrees when I arrived at 0900. Got the pontoon launched and was using my standby flies I tie just for Kolob with an intermediate line. Water levels are still full, which is very nice to see after several years of low water up there...clarity great. Grass growth was high, so it took me a little bit to get out and find the edge. Once I got out passed the grass an in about 15-20' of water, the game was on! Interesting to see the ratios change up there since the low water years...it has seemed to flip from 5:1 cutts to bows in years past, to now 5:1 bows to cutts. The bows are fat and feisty! The cutts also seemed to be doing well. The "golden hour" seemed to be between 11am-1pm. Nothing like catching fat bows while watching mom and dad Bald Eagle play with their teenagers above you, all while an F14 from Nellis circles around the nearby hill....MERICA!!! Smile I'll be back there this weekend...supposed to get near 110 here, NO THANKS!
[inline kolob2.jpg]
[signature]
Nice! I love that lake, even though I've only hit it a few times while working down there. Ever find any of the brook trout?
[signature]
Nice job Rich!
[signature]
That was my go to lake ten years ago. Then the Vegas people figured it out and boy did it get busy! Lost interest with the introduction of wipers in the southern end of the state but this report has given me new incentive. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1]Nice! I love that lake, even though I've only hit it a few times while working down there. Ever find any of the brook trout?[/quote]

I've never caught a brookie our of Kolob...didn't know they ever had them in there. I've only caught bows, cuts, and variations of the two.
[signature]