Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber Report
Headed out for a evening sesh on the Weber between Wanship and Echo on 7.27. It was 92 degrees when we got there so a wet wade was a great way to go. We were on the water at about 5 or 530 and there was a small caddis hatch but nothing crazy.

We both decided to nymph at first, but quickly changed over to a dry fly when they started rising. I was killing it on the olive x-caddis with several takes, misses and netted fish. There were some tanks that were shredding drag too which is always a nice treat after a stressful day in the office.

We stayed on the water until about 9 with fish still rising. Toward the end of the evening we had switched over to some BWO and were getting good response with those as well. Solid way to end a crazy day.
[signature]
Very nice, thanks for the report.
[signature]
Nice fish, thanks for the report. How was the water level? The Mid-provo has got to much water in it for me to wade safely, (geezer) how was the wading?
[signature]
The water was a bit high but not too bad. I was fishing a lot of seems and pockets and didn't get to far into the swift stuff. I think you would be good to do some spot wadding though.
[signature]
Thanks, I fish the pockets, but crossing over from one side to the other is where it gets shakey for me, even with a wading stick.
[signature]
I see what you mean. Yeah this time of year does make that tricky I am sure. Never wanna risk it just to fish it. I have had some close calls myself. Be safe out there!
[signature]