Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do I not see Kokanee restrictions in the guidebook?
I was just looking at the 2016 Guidebook for the restricted dates on Kokanee but did not see it listed for the Gorge, Electric, or Causey. I didn't look at any other waters but those were the first that came to mind that hold Kokes. Did I miss something or just not looking in the right place?
[signature]
I noticed that too, as we were planning a Gorge trip.
What's the deal?
[signature]
This is the reg for the gorge All kokanee salmon caught from September 10 through November 30 shall be released to the water immediately.
All lake trout must be kept whole (gills and entrails may be removed)
[signature]
[quote irambleon]This is the reg for the gorge All kokanee salmon caught from September 10 through November 30 shall be released to the water immediately.
All lake trout must be kept whole (gills and entrails may be removed)[/quote]

If you can cite an official source where you found that and provide a link it would be quite helpful.
[signature]
Nothing about causey or electric. But this is what the guidebook says about gorge and the berry. And the Koke regs for the whole state.
[signature]
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regional-Offices/Gr...-that-fish

Try this spot
[signature]
Keep in mind that with that first picture being the state wide regulations for daily limits that means that all waters are closed to keeping salmon during those dates.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
You must have missed this discussion but last year when they announced the new rules for 2016. It was stated then that they were trying to make all regs the same across the state, as far as when it was closed to catching kokes. It appears from the general regs that is exactly what they did. As mentioned, always view the general regs when the info you are looking for is not listed on the certain body of water you are interested in fishing.
[signature]
[quote a_bow_nut]Keep in mind that with that first picture being the state wide regulations for daily limits that means that all waters are closed to keeping salmon during those dates.[/quote]

I am glad they changed it to the same dates statewide, it used to have different dates for different bodies of water and was listed under the separate sections/descriptions, that is what threw me off.
[signature]