Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willow beach 8/13/16
[cool]The wife and I launched at gray light and trolled from mm52 to mm57 for nada. Nice scenery and saw a few bighorn sheep. Got back towards launch area and finally got a striper-1.5lber on an anchovie. Saw a couple guys at cleaning table with at least three double digit stripers in cooler. They were spearfishing up river past us.
Also saw new pumping station for the hatchery. The spear fish guys said trout plants will happen in December.
[signature]
Now that is what I should of done. Better scenery, more shade opportunities and something different since I haven't been down there in years... Fished Echo Friday for the first time in 4-5 months and might as well call that place the Dead Sea. Caught 6 under 12inch SMBs/LMBs and lost multiple pounds in sweat. The river, the Bimini (shade) and trolling might be my next trip whenever that is.

Tom
[signature]

Fisheries Production to Restart at Willow Beach National Fish Hatchery

https://www.fws.gov/news/ShowNews.cfm?re...&_ID=35764
[signature]
Anyone know if they are collecting entrance fees at willow beach? Intermittant like Overton?
[signature]
[cool]I got there before it got light and nobody was there. However when I left, about 1pm, the gate was manned and the cones were set to direct cars to the booths.
[signature]
thanks. One of these years I will get back.
[signature]