Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surf Fishing / Swim Bait Lures
My interest in surf fishing might seem odd at first being far inland in Utah and requiring vacation time to visit an ocean coast, but my preparedness plans include sea based mobility by sailboat to move out of harm's way and seek opportunity. Besides, traveling and seeing some of the world is fun. Either way, Earth's surface is about 70.9% water with 220,000 linear miles of coastline and inland navigable waterways making much of the world accessible by sailboat. In the harsh times to come, travel over land can be dangerous when people are desperate, but oceans can't be blocked like roads. Best of all is Zombies can't swim!

The world has 1,425,060 miles of navigable rivers, canals, and other inland bodies of water.

Here's a relative indication of population density contrasts (note the lack of population density in oceans):

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/NPP/n...night.html

Aside from freedom of movement among all that saltwater, I like to eat fish. I grew up with deep sea fishing and enjoying boats and enhancing seaworthiness, so surf fishing is my next style of fishing to learn for desired preparedness skills even though I'm in Utah. Besides, I want to cast swim bait far to the boils on Utah reservoirs to catch the larger predatory fish and that will be good practice for surf fishing.

This video is inspirational for surf fishing:

Watch "Epic Mullet Migration in Florida" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/poPKsFQcQE4

A lot of the best surf fishing is opportunistic relative to the migrational patterns of fish, so I might target a fish run for a surf fishing vacation!

Anyone want to practice surf casting or distance casting? I have plenty of equipment. I need to learn to be proficient before I invest time and expense on a vacation to a coast.

I also post in this techniques forum because I'm fishing with large swim baits to target big fish.
[signature]