Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tony Grove/Logan River and Blacksmith Fork
Decided to do some relaxing yesterday and fish Tony Grove from a float tube, caught about 5 rainbows in a few hours on a black woolly bugger, then hit the river using an elk hair caddis around 1 o'clock, ended up catching about 20 cutthroat, the biggest being around 14 inches.

Today I hit the Blacksmith Fork, ended up with about a dozen, using a royal coachmen as a dry and a red midge. I got to a hole which in the past has always had a real big fish that I could never seem to hook up. Well I changed that today! I sighted the dark body in the clear pool and threw my fly. It was roughly 18 or 19 inch cuttie and it ended up taking the dry just below the surface. Its a pretty big hole so I threw my fly back in and it didn't take long for my dry to shoot down below the surface as a big brown took the midge, he ended up being about 16 or 17 inches. Most of the other fish I caught were 13 inches or smaller.

It's been a great couple days. Sorry no pictures, my last phone was a casualty to the water, so I left my new phone in the car, need to figure out something to snap pictures of these "fishing stories".
[signature]
Sounds like a great few days of fishing!! I never bring my camera anymore as it seems that I always catch the big boys when the camera is away, then again, no proof. Makes a great fisherman's story though as you can always exaggerate [Wink] And what else is better than to when your with your buddies??[fishon]
[signature]
Sounds like good fishing! Nice to have a few good ones mixed in. What percentage of the fish would you say took the midge dropper?
[signature]
Probably about half of them took the midge, all the cutthroat took a dry fly, and then most of the browns took the midge.
[signature]
Awesome post! Get's my blood flowing and wishing I was out on the river!
[signature]