Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Flipping For Chinook Salmon
https://youtu.be/CvnGF04xCmI

My Brother Tyson is slightly... and by slightly I mean a lot less interested if fishing than me. But he still enjoys coming along in hopes of getting the big one. He has been on two trips with me in the last year and jumped at the opportunity at our last minute Ucluelet British Columbia trip last week. Despite being riddled with engine troubles and Expedia cancelled reservations we still made out all Right. We were out fishing on South Bank with out 9.9 hp Mercury four stroke when something hit at 127 feet on the rigger on a Green and Glow Kingfisher Spoon by Silver Horde. My brother grabbed the rod and the fish starts pulling drag and reels a screaming. Pulled out the camera and well the rest is history. I think he was a little excited about this one. What do you think?
[signature]
Nice, did you weigh it, looks like a pretty big salmon. Looks like you have upgraded your boat since last year, that looks like a nice setup. Thanks for sharing your video. Yea, I'd say he was pretty excited[Wink].
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Nice, did you weigh it, looks like a pretty big salmon. Looks like you have upgraded your boat since last year, that looks like a nice setup. Thanks for sharing your video. Yea, I'd say he was pretty excited[Wink].[/quote]

Yeah that was 20 pounds on the scale.

Yup, the whole family wanted to go fishing this summer so had to get a bigger boat. Since I'm living on the coast now no reason not to be out there on the salt. It's awesome! I love it. Its a Walk Around Trophy I think its around 20 feet long, but look a lot longer with the motor and swim platform. Handles the bigger ocean a little better than the 16 foot aluminum Spectrum I was out there on last year. Wish I had a bit more power when the whole family is on board.

Motor is out of order right now... alternator bolt broke and belt was buning off. Had to fish with my kicker that last trip. Have all winter to get her ready for spring. So I'll have to order some parts.
[signature]
Wow, that must have been a blast to catch. Nice looking boat and quite an upgrade from your old boat.
[signature]