Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currant Creek Reservoir Lost!
A trip to Currant creek reservoir turned out to be a rough one. Nymphing for a couple hours with no success. Getting closer to dark and swapped my setup to sinking live with a couple leech patterns and headed back to the boat ramp. Stripping mostly and slowly my laser like attention seemed to drift away. I then begun to just troll at about 30 feet. Nothing til I got about 50 yards from the boat dock. Then slam within about a second my rod was ripped from my hands and disappeared within the depths within what seemed like a blink of the eye. GONE! Rod, reel, line and setup GONE! I turned my pontoon around and begun reaching with my flippers hoping to catch the line but nothing. So lesson learned, don't ever half ass fishing. Bottom line I am hoping someone snagged my line and was able to real in my rod/reel. Please help. Looking for my Lamson Guru with a redington 4 piece 5 weight. I dream about the 15 lb cut dragging my setup around the reservoir. I figured its worth a shot.
[signature]
Man that sucks.
[signature]
Sucks big time.. I had that happen once and a guy on another tube ended up snagging my gear a couple hours later and quite a distance from where I lost it. Fish had broke off.

I was sick about losing a $1,000 set up and was relived when I got it back.

It can happen when you least expect it.
[signature]
Double bummer!

I almost lost a new Hardy rod and gear as it slipped off my kick boat into the water. Fortunately the fly alone caught on my net and I was able to (carefully) hoist it up from the bottom. Since then, I almost always use a leash or a foam float. Sometimes it gets in the way but that's the price of insurance.

You break a rod, they can fix it. Drop a rod in the water, and it's just gone.
[signature]
Thats brutal!! I feel for ya man!
[signature]
That stinks!!!
[signature]
I had a $700 jig stick yanked out of my hand once by a Wahoo.

He hit right at the end of a long cast that had bird nested on me.

That hurt in more ways than one.
[signature]