Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
I've been doing good the past week at Willard Bay. Besides wipers, I've been catching good numbers of large, for Willard, catfish and have managed to catch a couple of Walleyes, crappies and a small mouth bass this morning. The fish seem to be in close to the dike. Red/black and white Chrystal buggers have worked very well.

Larry
[signature]
That's great. I live not too far from the bay. I've only fished it twice and never caught anything, but plan on trying again.
[signature]
I'm making the drive up there from Utah County on Saturday morning before the holy war. Gonna be mostly fishing from tubes. Any advice? Trying to get my wife into fly fishing. I think it would help if she caught a couple big cats, and maybe a couple crappie.
[signature]
[quote onlyonthefly12]I'm making the drive up there from Utah County on Saturday morning before the holy war. Gonna be mostly fishing from tubes. Any advice? Trying to get my wife into fly fishing. I think it would help if she caught a couple big cats, and maybe a couple crappie.[/quote]

I assume this means you're I BYU fan. Personally, my second favorite team is whom ever is playing BYU. That said, read the following with a grain of salt.

I've mostly been fishing the west dike, generally in the area of the light pole. Red/black Chrystal buggers right on the rocks have been catching cats while white crystal buggers slowly trolled in my tube have been getting wipers and crappie and an occasionally a SMB. Stay 20 feet or so off the dike. Climbing over the dike isn't easy. You might want to look at a couple of posts by Tin-Can or tube Dude on the general board. Sounds like they have been finding some fish on the east side in easier water to reach.

If you go, have fun. This morning in a couple three hours, managed four cats, a couple of wipers and yanked three carp out of a pod of six or seven before I put them down. Largest carp was too big for my net and had to have pushed nine or ten lbs.

Larry
[signature]
I will definitely be wearing red Saturday. Born, raised, and attended the U. Thanks for the advice! I've been keeping a close eye on TubeDude and Tin_Can's posts. That will be helpful! I've been tying plenty of red and black and white streamers. Did you pull the carp with the buggers? Or throw something else? Be nice to get into some golden bones as well!
[signature]
Carp were feeding just under the surface. Waited until I could throw the bugger in front of one and striped it back. Most times I've been out there the past few weeks I get a carp.

Larry
[signature]