Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Penn 920
I inherited a Penn 920 Levelmatic reel. It seems to be in good shape, but winds backwards from what I remember when I fished quite often many, many years ago.
[signature]
Never heard of any bait caster reel winding backwards. Perhaps you had the line loaded wrong. You might want to drop a line to Penn Reels.
[signature]
Normally the 920 will have the line guide on the front of the reel, the handle will be on the right side. it's possible they made a left hand model, but I'm not sure, does it wind backwards and forward? maybe the anti reverse dog is missing/broken...
check the link for more info:

[url "http://www.scottsbt.com/catalog/store/images/pennparts/manuals/om920930940.pdf"]http://www.scottsbt.com/catalog/store/images/pennparts/manuals/om920930940.pdf[/url]
[signature]
The guide is to the front and the handle is on the right on my bass rod. It is set up to reel with the right hand. Maybe most people do it that way, but I have always cast with my right hand and reeled with my left hand.

I bought a new reel Thursday, a Silver Max. It is set up so I can cast with the right and reel with the left.

I made a couple of dozen casts with it Friday in the back yard. It seems to be a nice reel. I'll have it up on the lake before the end of the month.
[signature]
Sounds like you have a right handed (retrieve) reel. Most of the baitcasters
and conventional reels come that way.

Many of my baitcasters are that way but I prefer to cast right and reel left also.

I do have some that I special ordered for left hand retrieval.

Give it time and you will get used to using either way. [cool]
[signature]
great little reel,I have the 940 and I abuse the crap out of it and still works great

EDIT: links are not allowed for new members see FAQ above for the rules on this site.
[signature]