Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Fire Ririe Report
Good sense says if the trees are blowing at my house in the middle of I.F. don't take my little boat to Blacktail. I haven't been out there since the fire so I went out for a little perch expedition. I spent two hours fighting with my anchors. Every time I would get them set a big gust of wind would come up and bust them loose. My boat is only a twelve footer so foot and a half waves can be a challenge. I would begin to get settled in a catching some perch and woosh, I would get blown off of them. But that wasn't the biggest issue. The fire burned right down to the lake in the areas I like to fish and when those gust of wind would come up it would make dust devils of the ash. There was a film of ash area I fished. I finally got tired of the wind and when I got in my truck I took my glasses off I realized I looked like a racoon, my entire face was ash except where my glasses had been. Sure enjoyed the new docks that are in the corner and there are some huge spawning koks right off the docks that were a blast to watch jumping. Will try again next week.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, Taz... Looking forward to getting after the perch in the coming weeks!

Any size to the ones you were able to get in?

Paul
[signature]
I had multiple ten inchers which aren't bad for Ririe.
[signature]
Tried it for a couple hours last night (sunset) and could only scrounge a few tiny smallies... Tried from about 40 ft all the way up to less than 10, to no avail.

Was a beautiful evening to be on the water though!

Paul
[signature]