Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agree or not agree?
Check out this brand new article from In-Fisherman and post up your opinion:
[signature]
you obviously have an opinion about this .why don't you tell us what you think first.
[signature]
I could be wrong, but are there any inaccuracies in the report? Do the tigers bit best in the spring, summer, fall, or winter? If it is fall, then I guess that is the hottest time of fishing for them. Kind of like Hot steelhead fishing, 1-2 fish in a day.

Sure it may be misleading, but is it inaccurate?
[signature]
I honestly dont know.
I love In-Fisherman but have only heard very poor reports of Scofied.
I would like to try for some 10 lb. plus trout but don't want to waste my time if they are not in there anymore?
I keep hearing reports that the lake should be rhotenoned, if there are fish of this caliber in there then definitely do not start over.
[signature]
I don't know, I was only hoping to obtain some opinions if it was worth going there to fish this friday?
[signature]
A few years back that was the case. But now I think that I would go somewhere else.

Between the reports, algae bloom, and low water levels I think that most if not all of the big tigers are gone.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
[quote SBennett]Check out this brand new article from In-Fisherman and post up your opinion:[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]My opinion is this: it's NOT an article; it's an ad for a guide service. You would expect the ad to say the fishing sucks?[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
+1 dubob
[signature]
Good point.
Anyone know if that guide service has any credibility?
[signature]
[#0000FF]Yes, there WERE some huge tiger trout in Scofield, when it also had some water in it. It has been at least a couple of years since anglers have scored anything besides skinny cutts and planter rainbows...or chubs. The tigers are not showing up in DWR nettings either. Indicators are not good.

But if that guide says there are big tiger trout in Scofield you might should oughtta book him for a trip of a lifetime. After all, those guys NEVER make untrue claims just for their own benefit.

You can find plenty of good chub meat for tipping your lures. Walk around the shoreline and pick up any of those dead chubs that don't stink too bad. And be careful when you take down the CLOSED barriers when you launch the boat. Don't let the rangers or sheriffs see ya.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Pat, I forgot about the closure!!
[signature]
Pat, on a side note, do not plan on any ice fishing or access to Utah Lake this winter from the Saratoga Springs Marina Park.
Starting around november we will be putting in a coffer dam to dredge out the marina for some improvements.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks for making that info available to the forum. But it is not likely to impact my ice fishing plans. And I doubt many of the "regulars" would care to drill the mud for "mud cats". Probably not many fish to be had inside this year anyway.

Glad to hear they are doing the dredging. Wish all the marinas would do the same while they have the low water opportunity. I know Provo Harbor will be doing the same. Now if we could just get them to dredge the rest of the lake...or dump in a few more spoonfuls of water...

While it does not affect me launching my float tube, I am sure a lot of boaters would appreciate it if that ramp could be extended and the end raised a bit. That steep sucker has caused some grief and problems for folks who try to retrieve a cabin cruiser with a Prius.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I live about 25-30 minutes away from Scofield and haven't fished there for going onto 3 years now, except for the ice fishing tournament 2 years ago, which I don't do anymore either.. I don't know how much the guide service costs, but if u had an elk tag or deer tag to go along with it, then yes it might be worth it because catching chubs and cuttysnakes gets a little old, unless u are taking youngsters with u and that keeps them entertained.. but, even in the gill net surveys, there hasn't been any lunkers for at least 2 years.. a few years back they were netting 12, 15, and I even believe there was one that went over the state record or would've gave it a run for it's money.. before I quit fishing Scofield, I hadn't even caught a tiger trout in a long time.. my friends and a lot of the people around helper, price, huntington, don't bother to go to scofield anymore really, unless it is to entertain kids or ski/wakeboard.. we just had a ban lifted last week or 2 weeks ago that the farmers were given the ok to start watering their crops again because the toxicity levels haven't made it down this far from the algae bloom.. it killed a lot of fish.. they try to say most of the fish were chubs that died because the trout were hanging in deeper parts of the lake.. I don't buy that 100 percent because scofield is only 20 feet deep, maybe 10 because it is so low now.. lol.. but for me, I would save the money if ur really thinking about going there and just fish it on ur own and save that guide service to like strawberry or fish lake, were there is evidence of some brutes! Especially with that post of Strawberry Toad!! Or take the few extra minutes and drive over the top of scofield to electric lake or mammoth if u are looking for tigers.. electric has some big tigers, I have been witness to that myself and size average is good..
[signature]
Excellent advice, thank you.
Your advice mirrors the advice I have recieved from others.
I hope Scofield heals soon.
[signature]
Why not contact the guide and get it first hand? If he is worth anything he should let you know the conditions.

RJ
[signature]
Thanks but it never was my intent to use the guide.
The ad smelled 'fishy' and I just wanted trusted opinions from friends on BFT.
[signature]
It's very Sad what has happened at scofield . I really used to enjoy fishing there but I was ruined on the place after fishing it for a couple of bad years . if a guide thinks he can make money off fishing it like it is more power to him.
[signature]