Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Just wanted to say Hello to everyone. I live in Southern California. I love ultra light fishing and Fly Fishing for big Bluegills and Redears or anything other Sunfish. I tie my own flies and make my own micro jigs for these fish. I love to Float Tube. I am trying to find any info I can regarding Trout streams and or Lakes in the Southern California area. I am particularly interested in information regarding Puddingstone Lake. Any information regarding this lake or any other body of water that has a good Bluegill/Redear population is of great interest to me. I fish Lake Perris a lot but the fishing has not been as good as it was since they lowered the water. Hello again and look forward to hearing from you. Anyone that has fished Lake Cayumaca and would like to share their experience I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you
Rob
[signature]
Hi Rob
Welcome to the site. The California boards are not as active as we would like but I hope someone who can answer your questions and give you some advice reads your posts and responds. And I hope you keep posting and sharing your stories with us.

[fishon]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Rob, I'm going to move your post to our Cal board, hopefully someone there can give you an answer to your questions.
WH2
[signature]
Hi Rob and welcome to the BFT Cali board.

Puddingstone is a nice lake for Gills. The West boat ramp usually provides some good action there.

The north ramp can be good at times but seems to get more boat traffic.

I have been there many times on my tube and usually go in and out of several of the little coves from the West side around the South side of the lake.

If you care to venture a few more miles North of there, Castaic has some nice Gills in it around the fishing dock on the East side of the Lagoon as well as the paddle boat launch ramp on the West side of Lagoon.

The Gills can run from hand size on up to 2lbs. Wax worms and worm patterns seem to work best. They also chase Rooster Tail lures.

Fishing depths will vary depending on the time of the year.[cool]
[signature]