Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make this cold weather go away....
Its starts out Sunday with 20+ inches of snow, then the temps plumet. Its been -30 to -35 the last two days with balmy -40 this morning.

Somebody tell me why I moved back to MN from San Diego?
[signature]
I am sitting right in smack dab in the middle of you and cheifpanfish and we barly have 12 inches of ice, we sholuld have 24 inches by now.

our weatherman says we are having an unusualy cold winter? I shure dont know what he is talking about, we have about 8 inches of snow on the ground, we didnt get ice enough to walk on till about 2 weeks ago at best.

fortunatly for me this hot spot has been hot, as far as my gills go, been doing good on them.

sounds like you need a shanty, I dont start thinking about shanties untill the temps drop below 0*.
[signature]
I have nothing against MN myself but I do have a favoritism for these nice mid 70s temps here in SoCali. Perhaps you should work your way back out here once you thaw out.

I am no stranger to cold weather myself. I did live in UT and ID for a few years. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I like it here but I am not afraid to visit.
[signature]
hattrk, tell me about it. I'm frozen to the bones! I've been moving all week. I had to drive with my windows open so I could have the furniture tied to the top of my vehicle. That was fun on Monday when it snowed. LOL.

My poor little 4-cylinder engine grumbled at me this morning when I started it. Made all kinds of unusual noises. Oh well. The worst is over. February usually means a warm up.

I left southern Cali myself for Minnesnowta. But I grew up in Barstow. Now you know why I moved. [Tongue]

Will I see you at LOTW in March?
[signature]
BECAUSE OF THE HOCKEY ![cool]

TOO BAD YOU RAN OUT OF GAS BEFORE YOU HIT RED WING COUNTRY[Tongue].

FREESING AIN'T SO BAD , BUT THAT THAWING OUT PART HURTS , LOL ![crazy]
[signature]
haha 2 days?? ahha we,ve been havin it fer the last 2-3 weeks. and headin fer more. oh i just love it! wonderful, peachey, haaha and we dont have hardly 4 inches of snow which to me is COLDER! AHHA OH WELL. WHAT CAN WE DO?? JUST ------ABOUT IT>>?? HAHA I GUESS SO! we got rain snow ice sleet comin today you name it were suppose to git it haha. lovely, and i WANT SPRING!! we always git it when its suppose to start cahgin a little. ahah just my luck! lh, give it a minute, it,ll change! haah later darn that woodchuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 haha[Smile][Wink][Sad]
[signature]
Have things improved this week hattrk? The big snowfall we got down here this past weekend seems to have missed you. Yet, you have some colder temps than we do here but only but a few degrees. Gotta love MinneSNOWta!
[signature]
I'm glad here in Cali. At least on Ground Hog Day, he did see his shadow. That gives us about 6 more Days (not weeks) of winter weather.[cool]
[signature]
Whether or not he sees his shadow, there's still six weeks of winter and/or six weeks until spring. [Tongue]
[signature]
ahhaha well aint you lucky buddy boy! haha we just gopt bout 9 inches yesterday and today some more. i wish somebdoy would of shot that sucker!!!!!!!!!!!1111 hahaha i didnt see em or i would of. you can bet your everlovin on that. and he,d been in a stew! haha later it figures were gittin it now havent hardly had none. except fer that first good one. but i member sone winters we had it up past ithe winders and i had to climb out and shovel so we,d gitout the house. hha good thing i was young then ahha i,d a got stuck. now. hahaha later[Smile][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
well, is not -30 as a low right now, but its still about minus 20 in the AM. we had a few nice days that were around 10-17 above.
[signature]
bou i hear ya, i,m so sick of it. ITS TIME FER SPRING!!!!!!111 AND I HATE THIS IN BETWIXT HUNTIN AND FISHIN TOO, I DONT DO HTE ICE FISHIN ANYMORE, THE COLD SEEMS TO GO RIGHT THRU ME, SO I,M STICK TO MY SPRING FIHIN AND THE WAY IT LOOKS LIKE NOW THAT AINT COMIN TILL JUNE HAHA GUESS THE OL BONES SURE ARE FEELIN IT AS WELL AS CABIN FEVER! HAAHA LATER[Smile]
[signature]
what is ment by the hog seeing its shadow has to do with how hard the winter will be for the next 6 weeks.

if he sees his shadow it will be a hard 6 weeks

if he dosnt see his shadow the rest of the winter will be mild.

according to ledgeon.
[signature]
Just found out today that Ground Hog Day falls on the exact same day at a pagan holiday called Imbolc. In my opinion, it's just another way of covering up a pagan celebration.
[signature]
how do you pronounce that?

what is [size 1]"Imbolc"[/size] ?
[signature]
It's pronounced "im-bulk" or something like that.

If you want more info on it check this out:

http://www.witchvox.com/holidays/ximbolc.html
[signature]