Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avery's Buck
Football finished up on Saturday so Sunday we headed out for his first hunt of the year. Got a late start but by 3 I had found him a nice buck bedded down in the brush over 500 yards out. By 4:15 we had Avery on the shooting sticks at 252 yards. He had a 6-8 inch window to make the shot on the bedded buck. He didn't want to wait for the buck to get up and told me he could make the shot. So he did, one shot right in the vitals. Nasty pack but we were finished up by 10:30, home at midnight and another hour to get it taken care of. He was allowed to skip school today!!! This was his third deer but first buck and he shot it 50' for where I took my first buck 36 years ago. Great memories!
That is AWESOME!!!!I can't believe how big he is getting.
[signature]
Congratulations, that is nice buck . Looks like it has a very large body . I seen him on face book also .
[signature]
Thanks Curt. Yeah he was well over 300# on the hoof and even after dressing him it was obvious that we weren't taking him out whole. I pulled the 4 quarters off and we got the 2 rears and one front off the mountain on the first trip. Second trip we got the remaining front, straps, loins, rib and neck meat along with the head. Never dealt with a buck that size or one with so much fat. I was concerned how he would eat but we had steak and eggs yesterday and it delicious. Great memories!
[signature]
Congrats to both of you, memories that will last forever!
Matt
[signature]
There is going to be a lot of good eating there .
[signature]
Congrats. Nice shooting.
hoping to do the same with my 10 year old this year
[signature]