Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Burbot
Has anyone been fishing burbot from a boat up near or north of firehole? I am going this weekend and then the second weekend in November. Have the burbot started to bite like crazy yet? I will post my results after my trips. Good luck everyone! [fishon]
[signature]
Are there any left? I never hear of any good reports anymore, even during ice season.
[signature]
I will be fishing for them from Buckboard north this Sat and Sunday night. I will PM you Sunday morning with what I found Sat night
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]Are there any left? I never hear of any good reports anymore, even during ice season.[/quote]

Oh ,there are plenty of burbot left,we will never get rid of them.Just because people don't post about catching them,doesn't mean that people aren't catching burbot.
[signature]
[quote kokeking][quote remo_5_0]Are there any left? I never hear of any good reports anymore, even during ice season.[/quote]

Oh ,there are plenty of burbot left,we will never get rid of them.Just because people don't post about catching them,doesn't mean that people aren't catching burbot.[/quote]

Gotcha, I don't fish for them so no idea.
[signature]
Got a few in hide out and closer to the dam a few weeks ago..
[signature]
Caught 40 last night south of Firehole. Had a blast with a couple teenagers. I wish more people would target these fish instead of the spawning lakers.

I will be back out tonight weather permitting.

Don't waste a minute Friends.
[signature]

[signature]
[signature]
thanks - i cant wait to hit the gorge
[signature]
Your burbot look in better shape than your tire does. Did you catch those from the shore?
[signature]
Well atleast his rim is still in good shape :-) some of those roads on the northern end of the lake are pretty rocky!! Those should make for some good supper, I hope I can put a hurting on some burbs this ice season.
[signature]
Skunked north of firehole, at firehole, and down just south of firehole to the sandbar. We weren't graphing anything. Saw multiple boats leave around 8 pm. Must have had similar luck as us there. Good luck to everyone. I will be back up in two weeks. Any tips on locations between now and then would be helpful. Thanks![fishon]
[signature]
If your looking for burbot, go to Lindwood Bay.
They're staging right now to chow down on Mac eggs.
I went up last weekend to fish for Mac's and only caught burbot.
[signature]
Just don't forget lindwood is closed from sundown to sun up.... Just like the deer/ elk hunt.
[signature]
How do you fish for Burbot?
[signature]
Glow jigs with Yamamoto glow grub, tipped with sucker meat, and shinned with uv light. Then, jig/dead stick away at night. [fishon]
[signature]
[quote muirco]Glow jigs with Yamamoto glow grub, tipped with sucker meat, and shinned with uv light. Then, jig/dead stick away at night. [Image: fish-on.gif][/quote]

Do burbot strike much during daylight, or are they predominantly nocturnal?
[signature]
Not sure to be honest; however, most people fish for them at night.[fishon]
[signature]
At times they bite in the day. I've even caught them trolling in the morning hours.
[signature]
When I get back in town after Florida Strawberry was gonna be my go to but all this talk about burbot...The only thing that holds me back is they get slime all over the boat no matter how careful you are.
I know it's in the book but when does Linwood open up?
[signature]