Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on bidding on auctions
Do you order tackle from auctions? We want your help!

Do you have any tips on bidding on auctions?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Usually on items you truly 'must have', theres no need to join in the bidding to jack up the price - dont bid until theres 5 seconds left - bid high enough to secure the item, remembering you'll only be charged one bidding increment over the next highest bidder . . .

if an item is $10, and with 10 seconds left somebody bids $15, and you bid $99, you will win the item for $16 . . .

check out [url "http://www.esnipe.com"]www.esnipe.com[/url] - they will bid for you for a very small fee! make your bid 5 days out, and dont worry about it after that . . .

sm
[signature]
A tip that will save you a lot of money is to NOT impulse buy[Wink].
[signature]
me I like to bid what I would pay for it, and if some one wanted it more than me they are welcome to it.

I bid $1150.oo on three chickens one time, they werent big enough to fill a kintucky cbicken bucket. some one bid $1250.oo on them and showed me, (the money was for charity) I ended up having to buy a pig. lol....

I started out low, and the bidding war went on for about 15 minutes between me and my aponent. after that I decided I would bid top dollar what I would pay for it because I would end up in a bidding war other wise.
[signature]
Thanks for the info about eSnipe! I'm gonna give it a test drive.
[signature]
cool, glad you checked them out, i can't tell you how many hundreds of auctions they've won for me . . [Wink]

sm
[signature]
Tried them last night. Heh. Didn't really need them but that's okay. They did their job. I wasn't awake at 4:45 in the morning to put in the final bid. Glad they are around!
[signature]
One of the biggest tips I can give is to watch an item on your bidding/watching page. Instead of placing a bid on it early and driving up the price, watch it for a few days and bid on it at the last second.

Also, one other tip that I can offer is to look at newly listed items in a particular category. If somebody lists an item with an auction bid of $1.00, but also offers a Buy It Now price of $5.00, you may be able to buy that item instantly and nobody else ever sees the item, because you clicked on the Buy It Now price, taking it off the auction board.

I am on eBay daily and am glad to help if I can.

Bass Wishes,
[signature]
I HAVE NEVER BID ON ANYTHING AND DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO IT. HOW DO I GET STARTED? DENNY UPHAM[angelic]
[signature]
go to [url "http://www.ebay.com"]www.ebay.com[/url] signup, and read their tutorials . . like the 'buyers guide'

[Wink]

sm
[signature]