Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 10-29 & 10-31
I had a couple of nice days on Pineview recently. Both days started with rain, and both cleared up perfectly to be on the water just before 8.

On Saturday I started casting a big spinner, jointed rapala, and jerkbait at anything that appeared to be a transition in terrain/depth. After hitting a few areas I hooked a smallish (probably 24") tiger musky. Its been years since I fished at Pineview and didn't quite know what to expect, so I was thrilled with the little guy.

Monday I fished more in the narrows. There were spots all over with perch and crappie hugging the bottom around 50'. And there were tigers cruising waiting for them. I'm not sure whether my lures were too big (not likely), too small, wrong color, smell, etc. etc., but it was tough to entice the tigers to bite. One followed my lure up and down the water column for probably 5 minutes before bugging out with no hit.

But I did manage to get one nice one (it was bigger than 3' but less than 4' (I'm terrible at judging these things in the water)) on a tube tipped with a bit of perch. It was the biggest I've caught, and even though the day was slow otherwise, I was glad I went!
[signature]
Congratulations on catching two tigers.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I went Saturday and fished a similar strategy but didn't see or catch any tigers. Were you jigging in the narrows at those depths?
[signature]
Saturday I didn't spend as much time in the narrows. Monday I found a spot in the narrows with perch on the bottom at about 50'. I saw a tiger cruise through midway in the water column so I stayed and vertically jigged.

I missed the first hit (poor hook set) and caught the larger one in the pictures on the second hit. After that I saw more but couldn't entice any to bite.
[signature]
Thanks for the report congratulations on 2 tigers that's cool
[signature]