Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catfish Love (Willard 11/3)
I had a couple of hours to kill this afternoon before supper so I loaded up my tube, drove around the dike and huked it over at the light pole. I found some wipers there yesterday so I thought I'd give it another shot. The only wiper I caught was a small one, maybe 15 inches, but the kitties were hungry. ln a couple hours I managed to land two pretty good ones and three cookie cutters. Both of the bigger cats were caught on a trailing gulp minnow, sweetened with a little night crawler. Left my fly rod home today so the rest were tricked with a yellow and white plastic grub with a red tail. It also had a little night crawler to help them make up there mind. Water temperature is 54 degrees and all fish were caught between 9 and 20 FOW.

Larry
[signature]
[#0000FF]Well done, son.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Very good FB . I was at pelican beach. I got a big skunk. But it sure was a nice day to be out. Water temp on this side was 53
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Sounds fun... I tried the last 45 minutes of light on Cutler, ended up catching a mudcat to keep the skunk away, but nothing else would play for me... You're getting pretty consistent on good days at the bay, nice job... Later J
[signature]