Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard One-A-Day
My last several trips to WB have allowed me to keep the skunk at bay, barely. One catch each trip.
On the water today at 7:54 AM. Air temp 31, water temp 49, warming to about 53 by time I left at 1:30. 19 minutes after dropping my lines in, one nice Wiper accepted my invite for dinner . Looped around the area of first catch, hat another hit and run that won an early release. Had a second run and release about 11 A.M. and that was the end of the activity for me today. All hits were on a Fire Tiger Rat-L-Trap trolled at 2.00 to 2.25 mph.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Way to go forest, have you tried outside the North marina, where you and I met a few years back? Sure is good to see those docks floating again, last year at this time, they were high and dry.[crazy]
[signature]
Tin-Can, good to see you're still catching fish. Willard is getting tough. My last four or five trips have been productive, but you earned everything you caught.

Larry
[signature]
Thanks for your reports, also Tin Can's reports. Been thinking of going to Willard, does it get better from here on out?
[signature]
I've seen a definite slow down the past month. The closest thing I've seen that's been consistent is an afternoon catfish bite on the west side. Last time I was out, the water was 54 degrees. Tube Dude trells me when it drops below 50, we might get some good perch and walleyes. I'm out of town this week. Hopefully, it will drop with the storms projected towards the end of the week.

Larry
[signature]
Curt, outside the north marina is were Pat, Jeff, Ahi, and I were last Thursday. I hit one Wiper about half way to the west wall.
[signature]

Cool
"but you earned everything you caught."

You sure got that right Larry. WB makes me "earn" almost everything I catch there......[unimpressed] but that's probably why I keep going back.
If was easy, WB would be so full of fishing boats, no one could move......[:/]
[signature]

Cool