Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice on Flaming Gorge
First post on BFT, but have browsed this site's forums for years. I'm an avid wasatch back fisherman, but am planning a trip to hit the Gorge mid january. Ive heard the ice can be sketchy during the winter, but I was hoping some of you veterans could share some good spots with walk in access for solid ice? Trip will be a first for me to the gorge, and my dad who has lived and fished all over utah and surrounding areas for over 30 years but yet to ice fish flaming gorge. If anyone is willing to share some spots we can target for good ice, known to catch some of the infamous Lake Trout, we'd be grateful. Sounds like the Bourbot Bash is the weekend we are planning for (Jan 21) but we are looking at lodging at Flaming Gorge Resort which is supposedly not a choice place for avid Bourbot Bash participants (accoring to resort front desk lady i spoke to the other day).

I think you get the gist of what I'm reaching out for...cheers!
[signature]
Hi and welcome to our forums.

Flaming Gorge can be hit or miss with the ice sometimes. I learned that when fishing there to take my float tube and an ice auger just in case.

We do have a UT forum here as well.

You may be able to see some of the current information or get information
from one of our members that is actively fishing or living in that area.

Where do you normally fish out of when you are not in UT? [cool]
[signature]