Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stockton Lake March 14-18
Fished Stockton the past few days. H2O temp was averaging around 48 in the main channels to 51 in the backs of some flowing creeks.<br>Lots of Walleye fishing going on up in Turnback and Sons as the EYES should be moving up to spawn.<br>Bass fished all three days. Areas include Sons, past the 39 bridge, 3 small keeps on Jig & Pig, wife caught a nice fatty on a black & pearl 6" Yamamoto flipping tube. The fish was 23". Rest of time was spent just locating and marking fish, I am following the spring migration patterns as I did last year so I can do some comparing. The remaining days were spent south of the Y hi-way bridge in the Big Sac Arm. My fish were all found in small coves and along transition banks where channel makes extreme bends or close to sharp drops. Best baits were Small 1/4 to 3/8 jigs rigged with Yamamoto twin tail grubs in smoke color. Bigger fish, over 20" were still deep (12-18') hitting very, very, very, light and slow on a chrome and black, deep diving, suspending super rouge. Make no mistake it is still slow, but big fish can be caught now if you have the patience to fish deep and SLOW, SLOW, SLOW.<br>Got to go for now and get ready to head back down Friday.<br>Good Fishing:<br>Cactus Jack<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>Jack Glenn<br>Professional Bass Fishing Guide<br>Lake Stockton, MO (816) 847-0004