Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short Starvation video
Short summer starvation video that I just finished.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja3MTlPc2sw
[signature]
Nice video. You are getting a few nice ones, especially for Utah. I have not fished starvation but this makes me think it would be worth trying. Smallies are great fighters--especially on a fly.
[signature]
Thanks for watching Smile.
The past few years bass fishing has been deteriorating lately. I can remember 4-5 years ago the average bass were 14-16" now it feels like the number is down to 8-12" for most of the lake that I target for bass. Just cross my fingers that the government pulls they're finger out of they're butt and manage the water more properly so we have have more food resource for the fish in the lake.

Check out my pike, bass, and catfish video if you want to see some nice bass.
[signature]
Nice job Eric.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Thanks for watching Smile.
The past few years bass fishing has been deteriorating lately. I can remember 4-5 years ago the average bass were 14-16" now it feels like the number is down to 8-12" for most of the lake that I target for bass. [#FF0000]Just cross my fingers that the government pulls they're finger out of they're butt and manage the water more properly so we have have more food resource for the fish in the lake. [/#FF0000]

Check out my pike, bass, and catfish video if you want to see some nice bass.[/quote]

[#0000FF]What would you have them do? Starvation got more water this last year and stayed higher longer than any other lake I know of. It never got to the traditional low fall water levels and is already filling up well this fall.

Starvation is one of the healthiest lakes foodwise in Utah. Tons of zooplankton, crawdads, insect larvae and snails. There was a big hit on the perch population a couple of winters ago...and that affected the predators that feed on perch...but it had nothing to do with how the water is managed.

Part of the decline in large smallmouths is the result of more people fishing the lake. A lot of them come for the rainbows but just as many are fishing for the smallies...and keeping the bigger fish. They grow slowly.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks Remo [Wink]
[signature]
I forgot to put in general the the main lakes with bass around Utah are producing smaller fish. I'm not so sure about Starvation because I've haven't fish it few times in my life so far.

Watching how they manage the water this year at jordanelle to deer creek to Utah lake is just down right pathetic. Jordanelle basically sat on 40-50% water level until late june or July. I remember watching in late spring time just flowing extremely fast into the lake picking up huge tree trunks and the lake was only 50%, Deer creek 90%, And for utah lake 30-40% the mathematics don't add up. It's time for Utah to figure they're game out instead of playing monopoly all day long.
[signature]
hey nice job.! What settings do you have your go pro on? I'm still figuring that out

thanks, humpy
[signature]