Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LUND 1875 Impact Sport
I've been looking at boats on-line and on YouTube a lot lately. I really like the Lund 1875 Impact Sport with the Mercury 150xl four stroke motor. I like how it is laid out and all the storage.

Does anyone want to share any pros or cons about this boat. If you own one how do you like it?

Check out the video link below.
https://youtu.be/YUQYsJWwSXU

Thanks, Brian
[signature]
First off. All Lund boats are like Cadillacs compared to other brands. With that said, I would NOT get the Impact. If you are going to spend a wad of money on a new Lund get a model with the wider side gunnels (gunwhales) so you can easily mount a downrigger or other equipment. The Impact has the narrow gunnels and you would have a problem mounting downriggers (especially electric ones where you have to run power cords to). The wider gunnels also provide more rigidity to the the boat overall. I've ridden in Lund (Alaskans) which are similar to the Impact, and the ride is not even comparable to a wider gunnel boat like a Crossover or Tyee. If I were in the market for a new Lund I would consider both the Crossover and Tyee. More storage, better/stronger built, the ability of both to have the snap-in carpet, and finally, the windshield on the Impact is mounted on some strange looking "risers" compared to either of the other models. Take a look at the other videos from Waconda boats on Youtube and you'll see what I mean. You are definitely thinking along the right line when it comes to powering them.....go for the 150 or max horsepower and don't settle for the 115 or lower.
[signature]
Thanks BLFG,

I was wondering about the narrow gunnels and mounting downriggers. Lund does offer a bracket to mount the riggers on the gunnel. They look like they might work good with manual downtiggers, but a little iffy for electric. I could always use the risers that riggers mount to and bolt it down to the aft deck.

I'm really pushing the budget to get into an Impact, so there is no way that I would ever be able to pay the extra bucks for a Tyee or Crossover.
[signature]
You could always look for a used one, there are some great deal out there, especially if you will to go out of Utah. You can pick one up Colorado for thousands less than what a used one would cost in Utah.
[signature]
WH2,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you say that I can buy a New boat outside of Utah for thousands less then a USED boat in Utah. Sounds good to me, please direct me in the right direction.

I have seen a few good deals on KSL for used boats that are only a couple years old, but they sell fast. And the really good deals never make it to the classifieds because they get sold to interested friends and family.

It makes me a little nervous to buy a used boat, you never know how hard it has been driven and what might be wrong with it.

I'm hoping for a good deal on any new 2016 boats that the dealers are trying to get rid of, or a good deal at the boat show next year.

Speaking of the boat show, how big of a discount or rebate do they typically offer?

Thanks guys
[signature]
No, I said used boats for thousands less that what used ones cost in Utah.
Here is an example but it would help to know how much you want to spend:
http://www.boattrader.com/search-results...ength:DESC
[signature]
Thanks for the clarification. And the link. I will check it out.
[signature]
In general it can be dicey to buy a used boat. With the Lunds and other high end fishing boats its not the same story though. People who drop $50k on a new fishing boat aren't going to trash it the same way a bunch of punks will trash their dad's ski boat. These things hold their value pretty well and are usually very well taken care of. Unfortunately that also means you aren't going to save a ton of money by buying used. I would watch the classifieds closely during February and March. A lot of folks will be hitting the boat show and wanting to upgrade, so you may see their used Lund popping up on KSL. There will be a ton of new listings every day once the right time of year arrives. I recently went fishing on a friend's Lund 1850 Tyee (1997 model) and it was a heck of a boat. Now it's got me wanting one too!
[signature]
I have decided to go with a new boat. I found a 2017 LUND 1875 Impact Sport with the options I want, and that's not a lot of options. It's going to cost just over $34K before taxes and fees. OUCH! The budget is going to take a big hit. I found it interesting that the deal asked if I would be paying cash or financing. I suppose there are people out there that are able to pay cash, but that would not be me.

I'm excited to be able to share my passion of fishing with family and friends. And when I grow up and retired in approximately four years, I want to be like so many on the forum that aren't restricted to getting out only on Saturday a couple times a month.
[signature]
BSF, I have been a LUND owner since 2004. My first one was a brand new 2004 1700 ProSport with a 115 HP Merc 4 stroke. I added a bow mount trolling motor after market. I sold that boat in 2006 and now have a 2007 Lund 14 ft. with a 15 HP Merc. I don't go as fast anymore, but I can troll all weekend on a 3 gal. tank of gas. And in the low water years, I can still get on the water when others in deeper drafts can't. The comment made about the wider gunwales is very accurate. With them your down riggers won't be limited to just where the supports are. They also make a handy spot for cup holders [Wink]. For the fishing I did, and the places I went, the 115 HP was a good motor. But no mater what size you get, be sure the dealer has put the correct size prop on it. Prop pitch can make a very big difference on some of the higher altitude lakes in Utah.
I think no matter what size you decide on, a Lund is a good, reliable, stable boat that will give you years of service with just a minimum amount of care and upkeep.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks Tin Can,
That's a great picture of you in your boat. I'm pretty sure I have seen you, from a distance out on Willard Bay.

Thanks for mentioning the propeller. I will see what it comes with on the Mercury 150 HP 4-Stroke. Do you have any recommendations for the correct pitch for Strawberry elevations? And for the Lake Powell elevations. I think it would be a good idea to carry a spare prop. And it wouldn't be hard to change them out, depending on elevations.

BSF
[signature]
Here's some information on the motor that come on my boat:
Mercury 250 HP 4-Stroke
Full Throttle RPM 5000 - 5800
Prop 14.50 X 19 Black Max

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the prop seems to be a middle of the road pitch for our elevations with a pitch of 19.

Any suggestions on a better prop choice?

Thanks
[signature]
[url "https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=boat+propellers+pitch+explained#id=3&vid=4a369eac7e74144a3f546feea0a9832e&action=click"]https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=boat+propellers+pitch+explained#id=3&vid=4a369eac7e74144a3f546feea0a9832e&action=click[/url]

I think a 14.5 x 19 pitch is a pretty standard prop. But for that big of motor, and Strawberry and Powell I couldn't really say. Never been to Powell (yet [unimpressed] ). The link above, if it works is a pretty good discretion of prop pitch and how to determine what you need as opposed to what you have.
[signature]

Cool
That pic of me on Willard was taken by TubeDude. Yes, if you have been on Willard during the summer, you may quite possibly have seen me there. About 80% of my fishing season is on WB. It's close to home, and I know the lake pretty well. That doesn't mean I always catch fish, but that's the WB challenge, always changing.

Have a Merry Christmas tomorrow.
[signature]

Cool
Brian, that will be one sweet boat.[Smile]
[signature]
If you haven't fell off the purchase cliff yet - here's a nice used one ...

https://www.smartmarineguide.com/L51175440
[signature]
LOL, just what I was telling him, you can buy used boats cheaper in Colo. IMO, there is nothing wrong with buying used, especially when your saving that much money. I think he said that he wanted the added insurance of buying new because it would have a warranty.
[signature]
Lundman & WH2,
Thanks for keeping me in mind, but I picked up my new 2017 Lund 1875 Impact yesterday. I'm super excited about the boat, but not so excited about the payments that will start next month.
[signature]