Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead and winter striper fishing?
Hello Gentlemen! I havent posted anything her in a while I just havent been fishing lately. Anyway!! I have managed to get out a couple of times and havent so much as even seen a fish let alone catch one. Does anyone have any tips on fising in the iwnter on Lake Mead for stripers. Be glad to get some advice cause what Im trying sure isnt working. Thanks alot fella's. Take Care and Good fishing till next time.

Chad[crazy]
[signature]
hey HH, good to see ya! I believe you've gotta boat, try to mark some fish on your fishfinder . . .chum a few anchovies, and drop a tandem rig with a 'chovie on each . . . right down to the bottom . .. or chum it up and drop a heavy jiggin spoon down to'em . . .

or target the trout plants - go to walmart and get ya some storm eye rainbow trout imitation swimbaits . . drift around and wait for them to stock the trout, and start marking the fish . .

hope this helps . .

sm
[signature]
Yeah winter is pretty tough, I'd stick with Southernman and try around the Trout plants. With a boat and finder you'll have a better chance of hookin'up. Also drifting with anchovies have produced. Striper are deep this time of year, say 60' to 100' except around the Trout plants.

Hope this helpsTake care,
David
[signature]