Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome new WA moderator!
Hi All Washington Fisherman!

We have a lucky new moderator for the WA board! Let me introduce the one and only iliketofish! I will let him share a little about himself and his fishing experiences. Looking forward to seeing some posting on the WA boards.

[fishon]
[signature]
LOL Thanks PickyFishy
I'm happy to help out. I've been on BFT for about 10 years now. I'm an Idaho boy originally but moved to Washington a few years ago now. I was used to the Idaho board which is quite active. But hopefully with a little work we can get some more people participating on the Washington board! I think we'll probably try a contest or two if we can get some people participating.

I'll try to post reports on here when I get out fishing. But for now I'll post a few of my favorite Washington fish pics. I like catching fish of all different species so bear with me [Smile]:
[inline 20160402_175313924_iOS.jpg]

[inline "Buffalo Sculpin.JPG"]

[inline Burbots.jpg]

[inline "Chum Salmon.JPG"]

[inline DSCN2352.JPG]

[inline DSCN2457.JPG]

[inline DSCN2895.JPG]

[inline DSCN3074.JPG]

[inline IMG_2310.JPG]

[inline IMG_2426.JPG]

[inline "Painted Greenling.JPG"]

[inline "Spotted Ratfish.JPG"]

There's lots more but that better do for now lol

If anybody else has some favorite Washington pics, I'd love to see them!
Please feel free to introduce yourself, or post a fishing report, and lets get this board going!
[signature]
Welcome to the mod squad Bryan, looks like you have been going good there in Washington since you moved there. What kind of fish do you have there in your second pic?
[signature]
Thank you sir [Smile]
The second one is a buffalo sculpin from over on the coast (Westport).
It was one of the weirder fish I've caught actually. It vibrated just like a cell phone the whole time I was holding it. No joke! Apparently it's a defense mechanism.
I like that picture of the front end with all the spiky bits, but here's what the rest of him looked like:
[inline DSCN3024.JPG]
[signature]
Cool, I thought it was some sort of sculpin because they have them here as well, without the horns and stripes.
I believe the third pic is two Ling cod, is that correct? What about the last fish in your pics, what is that?
[signature]
Yep, those are burbot in the third pic. Many people call them lings or ling cod, or eel pouts etc... Not to be Confused with the saltwater lingcod though... Pretty good fishing for them around here in the winter time,
right about now actually.

The last pic is a spotted ratfish from Puget Sound. The single weirdest fish I've ever caught. Most people don't like them since they're considered a nuisance fish, but I was pretty excited about it.
I'm all about catching new species big or small (current count: 115...). So they're all cool to me.

The other one you might not recognize (the red and white striped one) is a painted greenling, also from Puget Sound.
[signature]
Nice pictures, I plain to be out your way looking for land to buy and do some fishing as well this spring..
[signature]
Sounds fun!
Keep us posted if you get out fishing. I'd love to hear how it goes
[signature]
I have fished the Try city area a few times and up and down the river..
I fished a lake up by Clark county about 30 years ago as well..
[signature]