Fishing Forum
Pineview - Printable Version

+- Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Utah Fishing Forum (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+--- Forum: Pineview, Jordanelle and Deer creek Fish Report Archive (https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+--- Thread: Pineview (/showthread.php?tid=29450)

Pineview - Hellsangler69 - 02-22-2003

Went to Pineview this morning . Took me about a hour to find the perch . but the fishing was hot for about 2 hours . I lost more than I landed (12) . I think I found Ice Fishing Gods honey hole . 9 of the 12 were 10" fattys . All but one were females . It was snowing when I got there , then it cleared up some and the wind took charge . They were hitting every thing I sent down to the bottom . I was using a kastmaster above a ratfinkie (glow) and green tube jig . I missed alot but figure out they were hitting my kastmaster and I didn't have it rigged up with a hook . Once I installed a hook I started catching a few more on it . the wind blew me off and I left for home and stopped down at Hooked Fishing Tackle to visit with James . Now I need to get cooking . tight lines everyone
[signature]

Re: [Hellsangler69] Pineview - kicknbass - 02-22-2003

Hi there Hellsangler69,
Could you tell me how thick the ice was? If it was as good as it sounds, it would be great to go. Let me know A.S.A.P., please.
[signature]

Re: [Hellsangler69] Pineview - IceFishingGod - 02-22-2003

HA69,

Glad to hear you did O.K. and liked the spot. You should have bought that second pole permit and caught you a Musky too. Sorry we can't hook up Saturday but, JMIG and I have to work. Since we are leaving very soon looks like ice fishing is over for me until fall. Good Luck and one day I might even teach you the Bahrainian fish chant.

IFG

Re: [kicknbass] Pineview - Hellsangler69 - 02-22-2003

Ice was 10 " thick . My first step I broke thru when getting on the ice . Ice is soft and thin for about 3' . I was fishing off cemetery point , third point on the south side . Most of the morning I was the only one there . I was fishing in 30' of water on bottom .I was hoping to score a crappie but no luck . Oh yeah , I forgot to say they were hitting good with a lot of action . So get jiggy with it .
[signature]

Re: [IceFishingGod] Pineview - Hellsangler69 - 02-22-2003

You can't leave yet . The ice fishing is starting to pick up now . Well take care , hurry back for next year ice fishing . Bahrainian Fish Chant , you must fill me in as I need all the help possible ( My wife tells me I need help all the time ) . I try to keep those perch in check while you're gone .
[signature]

Re: [Hellsangler69] Pineview - fishboy2 - 02-23-2003

hey glad to hear pineview is doing good, hey i found your honey hole on the river , got a bign too.
[signature]

Re: [fishboy2] Pineview - Hellsangler69 - 02-24-2003

[Wink] Glad ya found it . I need to hit the rivers again . I usually catch my biggest browns in march . Sometimes they are a little thin from the winter , but eager to feed . I need to get over to Deer Creek Res. and check it out . I hear it is getting low .
[signature]

Re: [Hellsangler69] Pineview - fishboy2 - 02-24-2003

well hey if your planin on comin by heber give me a shout ill be glad to hit the river or deer creek with ya.
[signature]