Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout in the Jordan river?
Growing up I lived off of 3600 west and 4400 south. there is a canal in the neighbors back yard that we would check out each fall. They would drain it and we would go looking for fish stranded in the puddles. It was always cool seeing what species we would come up with. we would usually find trout fry about two inches long. I never saw anything of size other than a few pig white bass.
[signature]
This spring when I was walking around this guy showed me a 20+ in bow that he caught from the river and my mouth just dropped right on the ground but ive personally never caught one out of that river yet but maybe there will be a day when I caught one of those big hunker out of there.

Species ive caught on the river just from this year. White bass, carp,large mouth and small mouth bass, mud and channel kitty. Thats all still gota find walleye, perch, crappie and what ever that's lurking in that river.
[signature]
Great picture pbh! Those were the days.... Kinda want to go chase some trout in the jo riv now!
[signature]
Well find a nice deep pool or one of those small water fall concrete barriers. Im sure in that structure type would be deep and have maybe a few but its going to take time to find them there.
[signature]
There are lots of trout in the River Jordan. As a young teen I would catch limits of planted 'bows at the 90th south diversion dam and a couple other areas downstream. As few as 8 years ago at 7800 south and downstream a ways I was catching fat 17" cutts, yes, cutts, on a regular basis. They seem to be gone now. DWR trial I guess.
Nice job on the Jordan brookie, jazpearch!
[signature]
I also caught cutthroats about 9 years ago just off of 78th south. I was always amazed how big and healthy they were.
[signature]
I dont estimate I used a tape measure and scale. If you look at
Any picture I have ever posted or someone else has posted you see my elbows.I dont do out stretched arms to make the fish look bigger
[signature]
[quote aquaman]I dont estimate I used a tape measure and scale. If you look at
Any picture I have ever posted or someone else has posted you see my elbows.I dont do out stretched arms to make the fish look bigger[/quote]

I am sorry, I am not seeing a six pounder in the picture you have posted either, but whatever you say.
[signature]
Just to add a small update...

My buddy Colby and I decided to actually target spawning Browns on the Jordan. I chuckled when he suggested it, and had planned on mostly fishing for carp anyhow. I'm surprised by how clear and clean the water is right now, at least between 45th and 54th. In the first five minutes, sure enough, I felt a nice little tug and pulled this bad boy out:

[Image: JordanBrown.jpg]

As opposed to the other Brown I caught a few months ago, this one was healthy looking and wasn't knocking on deaths door.

We fished for a few more hours and Sadly, we didn't catch squat. Interestingly enough, this guy was caught in a hole that he and I had just pretty much walked through 5 minutes before. He took a brown backstabber (carp fly), but it looks a lot like a small brownish/grey stone fly nymph. This is the same fly that I caught my other brown on, so I think it's officially not a fluke.
[signature]
Why is it that every time someone posts a picture and says what the fish weighs you have to discredit and argue with them? If the man says its a six pound fish I believe him. And if its not who cares? I didn't know we had to get our fishes weight and measurement officially checked by you. Who died and made you this sights official score keeper? Just wondering.
[signature]
[quote mkade85]Why is it that every time someone posts a picture and says what the fish weighs you have to discredit and argue with them? If the man says its a six pound fish I believe him. And if its not who cares? I didn't know we had to get our fishes weight and measurement officially checked by you. Who died and made you this sights official score keeper? Just wondering.[/quote]

Seriously, this post is how old. I don't see it. I have seen many 6lbers and this doesn't look like one. My opinion, just like yours.
Others mentioned it as well, but you target the female?
[signature]
[quote mkade85]Why is it that every time someone posts a picture and says what the fish weighs you have to discredit and argue with them? If the man says its a six pound fish I believe him. And if its not who cares? I didn't know we had to get our fishes weight and measurement officially checked by you. Who died and made you this sights official score keeper? Just wondering.[/quote]
And you're his knight in shining armor aren't you. If you believe he says it's a six pounder, maybe it's time YOU start carrying a scale and really see what 6 lbs. really is.
[signature]
I singled you out not because you're a female, but because I think you do it more than anyone else. You did the same thing with the brown that came out of scofield. I just don't see what difference it makes. If the fish was six pounds or four.
[signature]
If its three pounds, why extend arms and say it is more.
My opinion, but thanks for reading my posts
[signature]
In before the lock. Now lockdown seems more immininent LOL. She's probably got a ton of experience with trout. I can easily look at a post and know when someone's full of it when they post a 6lb largemouth and it's just 2lbs. Fortunately or unfortunately, at first there was no controversy. Bass do LOOVE trout hahahaha. Especially the baby tiger trout at Hyrum. Seen it in action lol. Those bad boys were boiling on them like wipers to shad.
[signature]
You're right maybe I do need to start carrying a scale. In fact everyone on here should. And make sure that its clearly visible in the pictures. That way flygoddess can rest easy at night knowing it weighs precisely as it says. Again I don't know what difference it makes.
[signature]
I am sorry, I can clearly see this really bothers you as you chose to post it open forum rather than a pm.
In the future, maybe try to avoid reading my opinion.
Why does it matter to you what I say. You don't agree fine, but why try to change my thoughts.
Again, I am not the only one.
You have a good evening and happy Holidays.
[signature]
Happy holidays to you as well. Perhaps I can post a picture of my turkey and you can tell me if the weight on the tag is accurate.
[signature]
Look forward to it and thank you.
[signature]
I am with FG on this one, that is not a 6lb.trout. How big is this one if that is 6 lbs.?
[signature]