Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sun, moon and stars all lined up. Warning pictures of large fish attached.
I did notice a few of the fish that I caught had been hooked before and released, I see this on a lot of the lake trout I've caught also so I'm always looking for certain Pacific's when I catch fish. We also caught one that still had 5ft of REALLY heavy line (like 200lb) braid hanging out of it. I'm sure that one was happy to get landed and have that removed. I think some people are scared to try and remove the hook not knowing they don't have teeth. But they do have I believe cartlidge plates deeper in their mouth's that crushes their food.
[signature]
I have a 16' Tracker with a 60 hp. motor that I have taken there 4 times now this summer. Like Kent said, the river current is no problem, but the wind is your enemy.
With a 25hp motor it will take a while to get back to the ramp (a distance of 8-9 miles from the middle of Res.), if the wind picks up. Because you are in a canyon, the wind creates large waves quickly. Kent gave me the name of a great wind forecaster called Windfinder.com that gives a 8-9 day forecast and it has proven to be fairly accurate, as weather forecasting goes. Avoid winds over 12mph..
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
Looks like you had a great trip. We where up at Hell's canyon the 23, 24, 25, came home the 26th. We did okay with a 7'6"er. Also a couple 4 footers and some smaller ones.
[signature]
AWESOME!!! You got your monster!
[signature]