Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navonics
[quote fishinfool]There are two modes you can look at. Make sure you look at the sonarchart That will have the contours people are uploading to the webapp and the phone if you have a subscription.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Thanks for the reminder; already there. And actually, there are three modes: Govt, Navionics, & SonarChart. Mine is defaulted to SonarChart.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
The chart does not show the inlet channel going North West straight out from the south marina. Its not as I have seen on my striker 4. and hummingbird finderfs.
[signature]
It looks to me to be going NW. The Island is more due North but IMO the channel look to be about right.
[signature]
I was curious about the phone app. Can you downloaded information on certain lakes and then be able to use it offline? Or do you have to have cell service in order use the app? Also on the phone app., is the detail good enough to be able to use it while fishing? I'm thinking about using my sonar and my cellphone together.
[signature]
[quote Wells]I was curious about the phone app. Can you downloaded information on certain lakes and then be able to use it offline? Or do you have to have cell service in order use the app? Also on the phone app., is the detail good enough to be able to use it while fishing? I'm thinking about using my sonar and my cellphone together.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]You can download a section and use that section offline. However, once you download it to your phone it is stored on your phone forever as there is no way to remove the downloaded section from within the app itself. I've already told Navionics how very thoughtless and stupid that is to no avail. However, I was able to work around it and actually remove the downloads using my phones file management system.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]The detail is very usable for fishing. I use it 100% while ice fishing. In fact, that's why I have it on my phone. However, I would NOT use it in lieu of the GPS function of my boat's Sonar/GPS unit (Lowrance Elite 7 Ti). But for ice fishing - for me - my phone app is just fine.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."