Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fun day at Lincoln Beach
[quote kingfisher82]I’m convinced Utah Lake is one massive cesspool. It’s a sick lake full of runoff and crap and decay. I can’t go there anymore. It’s filthy and dirty and unsafe in my non-expert opinion. Such a shame too. It could be the most amazing place in Utah if it could somehow be cleaned up and avoid being the collection site of all of Utah counties’ runoff. It smells. The water isn’t clean. Anyone disagree?[/quote]
[#0000FF]You are certainly entitled to your opinion. The subject of Utah Lake pollution has been bantered around for decades...and probably will be for many years into the future.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]It ain't as bad as it used to be and it is getting better. And in some categories (like mercury) it is better than some of our more respected higher elevation lakes.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Here is a collection of writings on the subject by others...hopefully with enough credibility to get your attention.[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Quote:From everything I can determine, it is a "soft" closure...advising against swimming, etc. When the big closure hit in 2016 they actually put barricades and signage in place.

On the lighter side, I see another possibility for the "soft" closure. A few weeks back I got a text from them saying they had just closed the area south of "Provo Harbor." I showed it to one of my students and said: "That has to be a mistake, water temp was way to cold there at 55 deg. (with 10X the normal flow in cold runof) in the that area."

2 hours later they texted that the correction. They had closed Provo Bay, "which is to the south of the Provo harbor."

Maybe they are still doublechecking the data[Wink]
[signature]
Lynn that wasn’t my cow. Plus, our old desert dwelling cows have never learned to swim!!![Wink]
[signature]
You were my first suspected owner but i’ii grant you that it would be a long Waik from Vernon. [Wink]
[signature]