Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard still kicking out record perch
Curt you using a sweetner? how far off bottom seems to be working for you? I'm going to have to try that if things don't freeze soon... Thanks for the story and getting me all nervous about a spot that I usually don't consider this time of year..Later... Jeff
[signature]
That's good to know, thanks TD. I will try to make a trip up there soon.
[signature]
I'm not asking for anything too specific but I was wondering how you go about locating those fish. I'm not a very experienced panfish guy (yet) and could use some hints.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

When you use fligs, it is always a good idea to use some type of bait, we normally use chub meat. We normally rig our fligs with a 12 to 15" leader.
[signature]
We look for anything near the bottom on our finder but a side finder really helps too for locating those groups of fish. We also like to mark those areas on the GPs that look like they will be worth trying again, if we see groups of fish stacked up. That gives us places to circle back around to, if we catch a fish.
[signature]
Nice job once again, you two definitely have Fligging figured out.
[signature]
Thanks Jil, it has been working for us lately and Fligging sure had extending our Willard fishing season, that's for sure.
[signature]