Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best ice auger SHAFT for use with a cordless drill?
(01-18-2022, 07:54 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: I've made some for my augers and a couple for other people.

Could you possibly send me some pics of those you have made?  I was wanting one that has a "plate" or "disc" at the top so if the auger releases from the drill, it doesn't drop into the hole.

(01-18-2022, 08:09 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: If you can do it cheaper than, what are they $12-15, then go for it, but you'll want to make sure you make it out of strong enough stuff... I like the stainless steel option, the aluminum one twists over time...  Good luck... Jeff

I can see them online for about that price range, but I am wanting one that has a "plate" or "disc" at the top so if the auger comes loose from my drill, I don't lose it down the hole.
(01-17-2022, 01:59 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-17-2022, 12:58 AM)fishnate Wrote: I've owned a SM Lazer for many years and had zero complaints. I tried out a K-Drill the other day powered by a Milwaukie and I wasn't overly impressed. A friend has the new SM Lite Flite and it's similar to mine in performance. In my opinion, I'd say the drill is probably more important than the bit when comparing Strikemaster, Nils, K-Drill, etc. Get a good 20v.

What kind of drill motor do you use Nate?
Sorry I didn't see this, but currently use a Porter Cable 20v that's been pretty good. Not long enough battery life though. I've also used Dewalt with good results. Can't afford those high end drills.