Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullfrogs article
(03-10-2023, 02:15 AM)fast_randy Wrote: I love frog legs. My friend was working at a big ranch in Texas for a couple years. In Ledbetter TX. Half way between Austen and Houston. They had a bunch of ponds on the ranch; they call them tanks in Texas. The bull frogs are huge there. Me and my brother spent a couple weeks there with Shane. We all got frog gigs and would gig the tanks at night. There were lots of cotton mouths and they do come at you. My brother had a big cotton mouth chase him on the bank and he gigged it with a four prong frog gig. That big snake rolled into a ball thrashing and totally ruined Kim's Frog gig.

Hey Randy.  Yep I like frog legs too. Used to be able to get them from several mom and pop places in Georgia. And the NCO Club at Pope in N. Carolina had them on special all you could eat once or twice a month.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
I just went online to check out prices and it, like gas, had a common price of $109 for 5 lbs. free shipping. some estimated 16 pairs of legs. I'm thinking it would make an interesting potluck dish.
Good fishing to all.   Hue
When I was young, my brother and I used to prowl the marsh for bullfrogs with our BB guns while my dad and his friends were setting up duck blinds. Problem being is most of the frogs shot never got recovered because even with head shots, they usually dart away under the water never to be seen again. When I learned how to catch them with a fishing pole, it got really fun. I’ve only had them for dinner a few times, but I remember them being good. Sadly, it’s been way too long since I chased frogs. If I knew of a good place to go here local, I’d probably give it a go, but not very willing to spend the time, energy and gas to really be successful. Fun times in my mind though!!