Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 CAT CHAT
On the rules post Jim added the combined placard that has both the catfish contest and fall challenge verbage on it. Click on that file and either print it up and then put your screen name on it, or modify the placard by adding your screen name (EvanH)... Then just put it in you photo's with your fish and the measuring device... tape, bump board or yard stick... Pull up some of the prior contest posts to see what we do to enter fish, it should be fairly easy to figure out from the pictures and I'm not too strict if you make a mistake we'll train you how we like to see things... Hope you have fun... Oh did we ask if your north or south for the cat contest? Hopefully north we need more help with this contest... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(07-03-2023, 02:18 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: On the rules post Jim added the combined placard that has both the catfish contest and fall challenge verbage on it.  Click on that file and either print it up and then put your screen name on it, or modify the placard by adding your screen name (EvanH)... Then just put it in you photo's with your fish and the measuring device... tape, bump board or yard stick... Pull up some of the prior contest posts to see what we do to enter fish, it should be fairly easy to figure out from the pictures and I'm not too strict if you make a mistake we'll train you how we like to see things... Hope you have fun... Oh did we ask if your north or south for the cat contest?  Hopefully north we need more help with this contest... Later Jeff
Ok I figured that was the placard. Sweet should be easy enough! I am north. Live in cache valley.
Evan Haddock
Good deal Evan, you'll have to help me get some fish so the south don't blow us out so bad this year... John does a pretty good job of getting his 3 big fish and Paul has done great, but sounds like he's not able to keep fishing for cats as much and I haven't been able to find a decent fish in the last two years so team north needs some help and it will be great to have you as part of the team... Good luck Jeff
PS... If you don't know I'm here is Cache Valley as well, I live in Benson so Cutler and the Bear River are my go to cat locations..
Fishing is a pastime for me again so far this year. The transmission went out in my truck. I'm facing a rebuild I believe from the shop that has it right now but they don't deal with transmissions much so maybe something minor *crossing fingers*. But with my outstanding luck I have it's probably a rebuild......so I haven't been out fishing.
Well the end is near. the lower bear river has not been very nice to me this year. I usually have at less a coupled of 32 inch fish and maybe a 33, by now I can't seem to break 31 inches. Like always It's been fun and challenging. still got 3 weeks never know that 36 incher just maybe hiding in some old sunken log waiting for Halloween to take my bait and say trick r treat. good luck all and great job Dirtbag your killing them down south.
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Smile 
Hey John, maybe you should try gummi bears or some other candy then.  Rolleyes Tongue
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Two weeks and a day for both contests and I only have been out twice all season, this has been a rough year for me... Good luck everyone in the push to the title of 2023 champion... Later Jeff